26/12/2015
Passport Req..
15/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
19/04/2016
LANDED..........
21/04/2016
aru_nj said:
wai for some more days or you can call their call centre . Can you tell us the date on which you received the card.
We received PR cards 21st June. Two monts after landing.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Aby444 said:
Hello,

I just landed on the 26th of june. I have a question. I landed in Toronto and the officer didnt say if he was going to apply for a PR card for me. So is the application for a PR card automatic or do I have to go and apply for it myself. The officer didnt even ask me where I was staying so that the card gets sent there.

Please help answer my questions. Thank you
The officer should have asked you for an address where the card will be mailed. If they did not, which is abnormal, you can update the address your self on the CIC site and wait. Here's the link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I landed 30 April. I have a flight to Egypt August 1st. Do you think I am going to make it with this post strike?
Can you apply to the travel document in Canada or once you are out? and is processing time is shorter than my stay of 1 month?

hicanada01 said:
Hello all..

Is it required to show address proof at the time of landing for inlanders??
No you do not have to. You simply can't. proof of address in Canada is in form of driver license or health card. both of which you probably don't have yet.

hotshot007

Apr 6, 2015
next2015 said:
The officer should have asked you for an address where the card will be mailed. If they did not, which is abnormal, you can update the address your self on the CIC site and wait. Here's the link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify
Hello,

Is it possible to review the address given to the IO upon entry. I just want to ensure the correct address was entered for PR card but am unable to review it anywhere. ECAS doesn't work for express entry so can't review there. Does the address notification allow to see the current address in the system?

Thanks in advance for the help.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
hotshot007 said:
Hello,

Is it possible to review the address given to the IO upon entry. I just want to ensure the correct address was entered for PR card but am unable to review it anywhere. ECAS doesn't work for express entry so can't review there. Does the address notification allow to see the current address in the system?

Thanks in advance for the help.
If you go to the CIC site, on the "address change" page, you should be able to see the address on file. However, it takes about 5-15 days (please confirm the days on the CIC site) before you can see the new address, after you (or the officer) make the change/update.

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Landed on May 4, just found out from a nice IRCC phone agent that my card was mailed out today (July 4). I really hope Canada Post won't strike ;)

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vsoftco said:
Landed on May 4, just found out from a nice IRCC phone agent that my card was mailed out today (July 4). I really hope Canada Post won't strike ;)
Can you please share the contact Number?

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
vsoftco said:
great news , thanks for the info...

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
vinodram said:
Can you please share the contact Number?
From inside Canada:

1-888-242-2100, then 7 (Express Entry) and 0 (Representative). It usually takes 5-7 min to get in touch with a representative.

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The agent said my file was sent to the card production department last Wednesday, but she didn't know how much longer it will be until the print and dispatch. Does anyone know how log this step would normally take? My photos were received on April 25.

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vsoftco said:
From inside Canada:

1-888-242-2100, then 7 (Express Entry) and 0 (Representative). It usually takes 5-7 min to get in touch with a representative.
Thank u so much for the info

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
Guys, I landed 30 April. I have a flight to Egypt August 1st. Do you think I am going to make it with this post strike?
Can you apply to the travel document in Canada or once you are out? and is processing time is shorter than my stay of 1 month?

No you do not have to. You simply can't. proof of address in Canada is in form of driver license or health card. both of which you probably don't have yet.
We don't really know. Since you landed on April 30th, you should receive your PR card anytime now, and hopefully you will not be affected by a potential strike or lockout. The only issue would be a possible photo request that could delay your PR card for another 2.5 months.
You should definitely give the IRCC a call and enquire about the card's status as the current processing time has passed for you.
A Travel Document for Permanent Residents can only be applied for from outside Canada. However, there might be locations that would process your request from inside Canada as well, especially since you do not need to appear in person for an interview. They do need your original passport, as I understand, so you should check with them before applying. That being said, according to the IRCC website, the applicant must be outside Canada. The processing time varies for different locations. The best way to find out is to contact VFS Global in Egypt.