+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
lvlemon1 said:
Is anyone know who should i send email to if I wanna an urgent process for the PR card?

Appreciate.
Unfortunately I believe you cannot ask for urgent processing for your FIRST PR card. You can only ask for urgent processing when you renew it. You can try sending a CSE, https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx, but I doubt it will speed up the process.

ksk_fsw

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed on March 27.. No News yet.. Anybody with same timeline received the card or still waiting?

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
vsoftco said:
Unfortunately you cannot ask for urgent processing for your FIRST PR card. You can only ask for urgent processing when you renew it. You can try sending a CSE, https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx, but I doubt it will speed up the process.
you can if you need to fly within 6 weeks.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
riasat.abir said:
you can if you need to fly within 6 weeks.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp
I am pretty sure that this only applies for renewals. I did read somewhere on CIC website, it's buried somewhere. In any case, if they do it, I'd recommend calling CIC and asking. This is an old thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-processing-of-pr-card-for-new-immigrants-t150705.0.html, and also a more recent one http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sending-copy-of-tickets-to-rush-pr-card-t242330.0.html (read the posts near the end) that agrees with what I said, although to be 100% sure OP should call CIC. I agree it's ambiguous on their website. I believe that when you fill in the forms however, it becomes clear that urgent processing does not refer to the first PR card. I'd love to hear if someone who recently landed managed to convince CIC to expedite the processing.

koolbone

Feb 23, 2014
vsoftco said:
I am pretty sure that this only applies for renewals. ... I'd love to hear if someone who recently landed managed to convince CIC to expedite the processing.

vsoftco is completely right here. I tried, unsuccessfully, to expedite the processing of my card (being one of the unfortunate people that needed a photo resubmission). I have copied and pasted IRCC's reply to me below:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident Card (PR card) urgently, but that there is no urgent procedure for new permanent residents.

If the card is not ready before your departure, you will have apply for a Travel document (permanent resident abroad) at a Canadian visa office located outside Canada before returning to the country. The application is available on our website. You can fill out the application online and print it or fill it out by hand. The travel document is normally valid for one entry.

Please note that a PR card or travel document is required for all permanent residents returning to Canada on a commercial vehicle (plane, train, boat or bus).

You may also visit the online Help Centre or our website for further information. You can search by typing keywords.

Please do not reply to this email."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the waiting continues...

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
koolbone said:
vsoftco is completely right here. I tried, unsuccessfully, to expedite the processing of my card (being one of the unfortunate people that needed a photo resubmission). I have copied and pasted IRCC's reply to me below:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

This message is to inform you that we have received your request asking us to process your Permanent Resident Card (PR card) urgently, but that there is no urgent procedure for new permanent residents.

If the card is not ready before your departure, you will have apply for a Travel document (permanent resident abroad) at a Canadian visa office located outside Canada before returning to the country. The application is available on our website. You can fill out the application online and print it or fill it out by hand. The travel document is normally valid for one entry.

Please note that a PR card or travel document is required for all permanent residents returning to Canada on a commercial vehicle (plane, train, boat or bus).

You may also visit the online Help Centre or our website for further information. You can search by typing keywords.

Please do not reply to this email."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the waiting continues...
Thanks for confirming this. Unfortunately the IRCC's website is extremely confusing in this respect.

boyoboy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-11-2015
Landed May 19,2016. Awaiting PR Card

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
Hi Everyone,

Just need a bit of advise here. I just received our ready for visa email May 18 :), now Last May 17 I applied for my UK passport renewal. It says it will take about 4 weeks for it to process. I am an inland applicant, work permit expiring Aug. Can I just send them a copy of my previous passport together with the renewal application number and a letter of explanation? Please help.

Thanks.

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016

lvlemon1

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
Since I am going to take flight to US and back,lets say if i cannot receive PR card before I leave which is July 14, Can I use my landing paper come back>

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lvlemon1 said:
Since I am going to take flight to US and back,lets say if i cannot receive PR card before I leave which is July 14, Can I use my landing paper come back>
Only if you're coming back over the border by car.

fernsie39

Oct 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
martha1901 said:
Hi Everyone,

Just need a bit of advise here. I just received our ready for visa email May 18 :), now Last May 17 I applied for my UK passport renewal. It says it will take about 4 weeks for it to process. I am an inland applicant, work permit expiring Aug. Can I just send them a copy of my previous passport together with the renewal application number and a letter of explanation? Please help.

Thanks.
I recently renewed my British passport from Canada. The process was actually surprisingly short so you might be okay. I would still request an extension from CIC though just in case.

Here's my timeline for British passport renewal from Feb of this year. After filling out the online info, sent application with documents Feb 17, they were received by the passport office in the UK Feb 24, 2016. I had my new passport in my hands March 2, 2016. This was even with applying from Calgary. They quote 4 weeks from when they receive your application but if you're a straightforward case, I'd imagine the turnaround could be as quick as mine.

Good luck!

GG_CR7

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Visa Office......
Inland
Interview........
N/A
Got my PR card on May 17th.

Border crossed - March 25th

PR card sent sent from CIC - May 11th.

Card received - May 17th.

Good luck guys...

lvlemon1

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
GG_CR7 said:
Got my PR card on May 17th.

Border crossed - March 25th

PR card sent sent from CIC - May 11th.

Card received - May 17th.

Good luck guys...
Hi May I know how do you know when did they send the card out? do they email you first?

Thank you and congrats!