+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Isa78

Oct 13, 2015
Hi !

My husband and I validated copr on april 18th (Montreal), I sent an email at the beginning of july, they answered our case is still in process... Sent another email at the end of july, 1 week after I received 2 emails to take new pictures for both of us (3.5 months after validation !!!)

In the meanwhile, my daughter validated her copr on july 12th. They didn't claim any photos for her, but I prefered to make photos of her too !

Photos of the whole family were received on august 11th at Sydney's intake office.

The emails I received for photos had PDF files attached, mine had a correct post address, my husband had a wrong address (we moved in july...), and on the CIC website I can only login with my UCI, his UCI doesn't work !

I already sent them 2 emails to ask them to check his post address, no answer... If they don't modify his address, he'll never receive his card !

On August 15th, my daughter received a confirmation that they received her PR card application, I don't understand because when it's your first application, they're not supposed to send such emails... And on the 19th, she received this email again, same content... I hope this just means they received her photos...

Let's hope we get our cards before christmas !!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Isa78 said:
Hi !

My husband and I validated copr on april 18th (Montreal), I sent an email at the beginning of july, they answered our case is still in process... Sent another email at the end of july, 1 week after I received 2 emails to take new pictures for both of us (3.5 months after validation !!!)

In the meanwhile, my daughter validated her copr on july 12th. They didn't claim any photos for her, but I prefered to make photos of her too !

Photos of the whole family were received on august 11th at Sydney's intake office.

The emails I received for photos had PDF files attached, mine had a correct post address, my husband had a wrong address (we moved in july...), and on the CIC website I can only login with my UCI, his UCI doesn't work !

I already sent them 2 emails to ask them to check his post address, no answer... If they don't modify his address, he'll never receive his card !

On August 15th, my daughter received a confirmation that they received her PR card application, I don't understand because when it's your first application, they're not supposed to send such emails... And on the 19th, she received this email again, same content... I hope this just means they received her photos...

Let's hope we get our cards before christmas !!
Call the call center to update his address on file. Or else you are going to miss his pr card.
I am not sure why you think that they should not send email. Its the easiest way and fastest way, also if not you wouldnt have gotten his photo request (with the wrong address).

pieceofcake

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/04/2015
Doc's Request.
nope
AOR Received.
22/07/2015
Med's Done....
26/12/2015
Passport Req..
15/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
19/04/2016
LANDED..........
21/04/2016
Finaly !!!
We landed 21 April.
My wife and I received PR cards 21 June but no card for daughter.
Begining of August CIC ask new photos for daughter. We send new photos 5 Aug and today she received PR card.
First round done.
Good luck to all of you guys.

TAHA1111

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
lvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 july 2014
Doc's Request.
17 June 2015
Nomination.....
13 nov. 14
Med's Request
17th June 15
Med's Done....
27th June 15, newborn medical was done on 1st Nov 15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22nd March.2016
pieceofcake said:
Finaly !!!
We landed 21 April.
Begining of August CIC ask new photos for daughter. We send new photos 5 Aug and today she received PR card.
First round done.
Congrats
Your post gives hope to all of us waiting for our pr cards after sending photos

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
pieceofcake said:
Finaly !!!
We landed 21 April.
First round done.
Similar timeline, yet no PR card. No idea what CIC is looking into :(

applelrm

Dec 19, 2013
pieceofcake said:
Finaly !!!
We landed 21 April.
First round done.
Very similar time line. I landed April 27th, resubmitted my photos on August 5th... hopefully my card is coming soon... I have been waiting for the whole family sponsorship done and getting my PR card for 1.5 years now... I have been waiting for 1.5 years for my honeymoon... Didn't expect taking so long to receive my PR card ... Very happy for you and good luck for me! :D

mirandayma

Jun 27, 2016
applelrm said:
Very similar time line. I landed April 27th, resubmitted my photos on August 5th... hopefully my card is coming soon... I have been waiting for the whole family sponsorship done and getting my PR card for 1.5 years now... I have been waiting for 1.5 years for my honeymoon... Didn't expect taking so long to receive my PR card ... Very happy for you and good luck for me! :D
is there any explanation why your photos submitted earlier is not valid and you have to re-submit photos ?

applelrm

Dec 19, 2013
mirandayma said:
is there any explanation why your photos submitted earlier is not valid and you have to re-submit photos ?
No explanations, unless you count the email stating my photos are not acceptable... I waited 3 months after landing before i called cic and then after 3 days I called, I received the email asking me to resubmit my photos... and yes, you have to resubmit your photos if you receive the email...but if you already received your PR card, then you can ignore the email.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
pieceofcake said:
Finaly !!!
We landed 21 April.
First round done.
That's good news indeed. My new photo was delivered on 5th Aug by Canada post, so hopefully I will get good news soon

pieceofcake

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/04/2015
Doc's Request.
nope
AOR Received.
22/07/2015
Med's Done....
26/12/2015
Passport Req..
15/04/2016
VISA ISSUED...
19/04/2016
LANDED..........
21/04/2016
Thanks guys. We was prepared for next two months of waiting for daughters PR card. But after two weeks card arrived.
What a relief.
I know is easy to say but we need to be patient. We don't have choice.
One more time .... good luck to all of you and .... welcome to Canada :)

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
New photos sent and delivered on the 8th of August. PR card received in the mail Tuesday,23rd of August. So that's that...on to the next one eh....

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
mirandayma said:
Apparently our photos are scanned by the card making machine and it rejects or accepts depending on its criteria.
To my understanding,little things like a half smile on the face could cause a rejection. And of course like anything cic....once there's an issue,you get thrown to the back of the pile cos there's many applications coming thru...then you have to call and call and then someone has to go find out what went wrong before they send you a new request....we will all get there....the passport is the final hurdle hopefully.
Cheers!!

mirandayma

Jun 27, 2016
applelrm said:
No explanations, unless you count the email stating my photos are not acceptable... I waited 3 months after landing before i called cic and then after 3 days I called, I received the email asking me to resubmit my photos... and yes, you have to resubmit your photos if you receive the email...but if you already received your PR card, then you can ignore the email.
thank you very much for your reply !

mirandayma

Jun 27, 2016
eski said:
Apparently our photos are scanned by the card making machine and it rejects or accepts depending on its criteria.
To my understanding,little things like a half smile on the face could cause a rejection. And of course like anything cic....once there's an issue,you get thrown to the back of the pile cos there's many applications coming thru...then you have to call and call and then someone has to go find out what went wrong before they send you a new request....we will all get there....the passport is the final hurdle hopefully.
Cheers!!
thanks for your reply as well. I took mine at shoppers and didnt like the photo.... :-X

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Did anyone get there photos taken at London Drugs and get them rejected as I know LD have a special machine. mine got taken many times due to issues with shine/glare on my forehead.

Last I heard my card is in production from CIC so is that a good sign? I could ring them again this week as it should be mailed this week (over the 41 days of processing time)...