+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Tommy2581

May 15, 2017
Hi All, A quick/basic query-
The pictures that you need to send to IRCC for your PR card or to be carried during your landing interview, do we have to stamp the back of both the photos? The instructions are a bit confusing and say stamp- "at least one of the pictures (out of 2)". I've heard many stories of these pictures getting rejected and then, it takes another 90 days for your PR card to arrive. I have some travel plans during this period and cannot risk this rejection. Any suggestions/advice is welcome. And, thanks in advance!
If you are sending your passport for one time visa and COPR, send the two photos along with it. you will get your COPR with one of the photo attached to it. If you are scheduled for the direct landing interview, take the two photos with you and give it to the officer during that process.

The back of ONE (1) photograph must have the following information:
- bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio
- bear the date the photograph was taken
- the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

Reactions: ashbak

Smmm

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
I received a ghost update for my family's pr cards application except for one kid. When shall i expect a progress? What about the kid who hasn't received a ghost yet?!

Damanpreet

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received a ghost update for my family's pr cards application except for one kid. When shall i expect a progress? What about the kid who hasn't received a ghost yet?!
When did you complete the landing process?

ashbak

May 16, 2019
If you are sending your passport for one time visa and COPR, send the two photos along with it. you will get your COPR with one of the photo attached to it. If you are scheduled for the direct landing interview, take the two photos with you and give it to the officer during that process.

The back of ONE (1) photograph must have the following information:
- bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio
- bear the date the photograph was taken
- the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html
Thanks! Appreciate the response. Will get one of the pictures stamped, as suggested.

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Well, they took 19 days (from may 9 to may 28) for them to mail our PR Cards from NS to Toronto, NOT deliver said cards for reasons (I still don´t know for sure what happened, me and my friend provided some adjustments solely based on assumptions), then return it to IRCC. Still no sign for 2nd delivery, which happened june 6 so... yeah, Canada Post can be slow. Not missing brazilian Correios postal service at all.
Our PR cards were approved and mailed on May 30th. Haven't received the mail yet. The mailing address is in Brampton (Ontario)

Is there any way to track it?

I also checked the status online. it says: We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Happy4068

Feb 22, 2019
PR LANDING: 11 JUNE

PR APPLICATION LINKED: 12 JUNE

GHOST UPDATE: 17 JUNE (Is this a good sign)

When shall I expect to get it approve? I have to travel back home on July 3 for my wedding.

Thank you to all folks.

Sucrema

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Just got ghost update. hope get approved by the end of this week.
June 4 landed at Carway
June 5 application linked
June 12 photo re-submission request
June 14 delivered
June 18 Ghost update.

Reactions: Best4best

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
Just got ghost update. hope get approved by the end of this week.
June 4 landed at Carway
June 5 application linked
June 12 photo re-submission request
June 14 delivered
June 18 Ghost update.
Make sure you keep eyes on your account. Your application will be approved June 20th and will be mailed out same time. Also you should receive it between 2 to 3 working days. Am only talking from my experience and others i have seen from the forum.
Good luck

Reactions: Sucrema

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Our PR cards were approved and mailed on May 30th. Haven't received the mail yet. The mailing address is in Brampton (Ontario)

Is there any way to track it?

I also checked the status online. it says: We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
You can "track" your delivery indirectly through your MyCIC dashboard. If the status message changes to "your document is valid", this means the document has returned. In this case, you may call IRCC 1-888-242-2100, options 2, 3, 0 to double check your address, correct or change it if applicable, and request a new delivery.