+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

dt12

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Thanks for the update. Do you remember when you received the photo request? I received mine on October 17th, photos arrived at the center on October 22nd, and so far I have no updates...frustrating! Yesterday CIC told me they are still processing photos before October 22nd.
Photo request Oct 31. Hang in there, I think they do in batches and some workers may be slower than others. You should get approved next week.

Kawsar44

Jan 12, 2019
Judging from the posts here, it seems quite a number of people are waiting for quite a number of months for their PR cards and I am one of them! Here are my details, if anyone's interested-

Landed: 28 September 2018
Port of entry: Toronto Pearson International Airport
Photo request: 27 November 2018
Photo received by PR card office: 9 December 2018
1st Query sent: 16 December 2018
2nd Query sent: 12 January 2019

I received almost identical response to both of my queries - the relevant portion provided below:

"We have verified the information you provided and we were not able to locate your photographs in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing photo retakes received before October 22, 2018.
"

I am not sure what the point is of maintain a enquiry/service center, if they are not able to provide any actual updates!

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Thanks for the update. Do you remember when you received the photo request? I received mine on October 17th, photos arrived at the center on October 22nd, and so far I have no updates...frustrating! Yesterday CIC told me they are still processing photos before October 22nd.
It generally takes 2 months after photo submission and this process is most regressive.. indeed PR card shouldn't be tied with travel.. Australia uses passport entry electronically for PR's. If they are so particular about photos why not have a booth at port of entry..

dt12

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Judging from the posts here, it seems quite a number of people are waiting for quite a number of months for their PR cards and I am one of them! Here are my details, if anyone's interested-

Landed: 28 September 2018
Port of entry: Toronto Pearson International Airport
Photo request: 27 November 2018
Photo received by PR card office: 9 December 2018
1st Query sent: 16 December 2018
2nd Query sent: 12 January 2019

I received almost identical response to both of my queries - the relevant portion provided below:

"We have verified the information you provided and we were not able to locate your photographs in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing photo retakes received before October 22, 2018.
"

I am not sure what the point is of maintain a enquiry/service center, if they are not able to provide any actual updates!
I think they open the documents in order in which they receive them. So as long as you have tracking showing it was delivered then you have to trust them. Judging by the pace, If there’s no update for you by end of February then you can raise request.

Last edited:

otawadublin

Jul 26, 2018
Finally able to write that our journey is complete!

Application sent: Jan 10, 2018
Background check: February 24
Medical request: June 26
Medical passes: July 10
Sponsor/applicant approved: October 28
Decision made: November 13
Landing: November 26
Ghost updated: January 3, 2019
PR card approved: January 5
PR sent: January 8
Received card: January 10

Received the card in Ottawa, Ontario:

Literally 1 year to do the day that we sent the application!

Good luck to everyone :)

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
I know that applicant needs to send 2 passport size photos along with the passport at the time of PPR. but while doing the landing, for me Montreal-CIC office asked for 2 passport size photos and I submitted on the spot. My question is after submitting those 2 pictures while landing, will they again ask for Photos?
They will not ask if the photos you gave while landing comply with their standard.

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Hi guys, I just got approved for the card. Photo resent reached them Nov-6. Seems it takes more than 2 months from photo resubmission. Hopefully I can receive the card next week.
We got the card approved thw same day.
Please let me know when you get yours!

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Finally able to write that our journey is complete!

Application sent: Jan 10, 2018
Background check: February 24
Medical request: June 26
Medical passes: July 10
Sponsor/applicant approved: October 28
Decision made: November 13
Landing: November 26
Ghost updated: January 3, 2019
PR card approved: January 5
PR sent: January 8
Received card: January 10

Received the card in Ottawa, Ontario:

Literally 1 year to do the day that we sent the application!

Good luck to everyone :)
Wow, I'm surprised by the speed at which they processed/approved your PR Card application. Most others I've seen (including myself) usually end up waiting at least 2 months for it. Wondering if certain immigration streams etc. are given priority? I thought it went on a first-in-first-out basis.

didigege

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
You guys my PR journey comes to an end. I received my card today

Landed 30 November 2018 Montréal
Update 09 January 2019
PR card Approved 11 January 2019
PR card Received 14 January 2019

All the best to everyone

Reactions: arthurbr

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017