Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Nick R81

Nov 23, 2018
Landed: Sep 16th
Ghost update: Nov 5th
Approved: Nov 19th
PR card received: Nov 22

It has finally arrived!!!
Congrats !!! Waiting for the card and checking the account for updates is really stress full
My time line is as follows:
Landed : Aug 14
New photo request : Oct 5
New photos received by CIC : Oct 15
Ghost update : Nov 10
Approved : Nov 22
Waiting to receive the cards … since you got it just 3 days after the card was approved, I am also hoping to get them in a few days.
Your post made me optimistic about receiving the card by next week
Thanks for posting

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
I landed on Sept 19th in Vancouver.

Haven't recieved the card yet and can't even link the application in CIC portal.

Has anyone from the similar time received the card yet?

Nick R81

Nov 23, 2018

Haven't recieved the card yet and can't even link the application in CIC portal.

try entering the place of birth exactly as it is in your passport .. city, state
this is one of the major reasons the application cant be linked

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
try entering the place of birth exactly as it is in your passport .. city, state
this is one of the major reasons the application cant be linked
actually, I was just able to link it !

Now, in the application details, it says last update was 11/22/2018. Does it mean that it was dispatched on that date? Also, in the main page, under status it says "Submitted"

Nick R81

Nov 23, 2018
actually, I was just able to link it !

Now, in the application details, it says last update was 11/22/2018. Does it mean that it was dispatched on that date? Also, in the main page, under status it says "Submitted"
The status submitted means its still under processing.
You need to wait till the status is changed to approved (assuming your photographs and other details are acceptable)
Only after the status is changed to approved, they will dispatch the card

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
The status submitted means its still under processing.
You need to wait till the status is changed to approved (assuming your photographs and other details are acceptable)
Only after the status is changed to approved, they will dispatch the card
oh ok.

Its been 66 days since the application started. I thought they finished the processing in 45-55 days :(

Nick R81

Nov 23, 2018
66 days and still submitted status is a lot higher then the average processing time.
you did not get any new photo request ? and you have provided them with the local address for mailing the card ?

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
66 days and still submitted status is a lot higher then the average processing time.
you did not get any new photo request ? and you have provided them with the local address for mailing the card ?
Nope. No request. Nothing. They have my local address in Surrey, BC.

In my CIC account, it says :

Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Final decision - Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

And then there are no unread messages in the account.

Nick R81

Nov 23, 2018
Nope. No request. Nothing. They have my local address in Surrey, BC.

In my CIC account, it says :

Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Final decision - Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

And then there are no unread messages in the account.
Congrats !!! You have reached the approved stage ...if the final decision says your application has been approved.
Log out and log in again .. you will find that the submitted status has also changed to approved.
you should get your card very soon now … between 4-7 working days

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
Congrats !!! You have reached the approved stage ...if the final decision says your application has been approved.
Log out and log in again .. you will find that the submitted status has also changed to approved.
you should get your card very soon now … between 4-7 working days
oh great! I tried logging in again but the status on the main page still says submitted. Maybe it will take some time to change.

I hope I get my card soon as Canada Post is now back to work :D

clguy

Apr 7, 2017

Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

However, for some people linking becomes impossible. This is primarily because people put their birth city not as per what is written in your passport. Birth city has to match exactly as in Passport including punctuation marks if any.

Once you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)Hope it will work.

PlimPlum

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hi guys, can someone help with my couple of questions.

1) Do we need to link each PR card application for each family member or only for the primary applicant?

2) We landed on November 23 by crossing the US-Canada border through Detroit-Windsor tunnel. One of us stayed in Canada, the rest returned to the US. When we landed the officer entered the US address since my wife said one of us was returning back to the US the same day. I have read here before that we need local address to receive the PR card. Was the officer mistaken? If yes, do I need to call the CIC helpline to provide local address or is there website we can do it online? I have a temporary address and I will be moving out soon once I find a place to stay. Would it OK to update CIC with new address later?

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018

1) Do we need to link each PR card application for each family member or only for the primary applicant?

2) We landed on November 23 by crossing the US-Canada border through Detroit-Windsor tunnel. One of us stayed in Canada, the rest returned to the US. When we landed the officer entered the US address since my wife said one of us was returning back to the US the same day. I have read here before that we need local address to receive the PR card. Was the officer mistaken? If yes, do I need to call the CIC helpline to provide local address or is there website we can do it online? I have a temporary address and I will be moving out soon once I find a place to stay. Would it OK to update CIC with new address later?
Yup u need canadian address for card delivery

Reactions: PlimPlum

nik.bapat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Pune
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-09-2018

You can to link all applications to the primary applicants account. I’ll leave 2nd question for the experts to answer.

Reactions: PlimPlum

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes