+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
My wife landed on Feb 21 in Calgary airport.
Called Cic to check the status of her PR card. The representative informed that they need new photographs for her and also they are processing photo received on March 12th as of yesterday.

Hope this info help!
Did you get photo request in mail as well? The reason I’m asking is that I’m outside Canada and can’t call them to inquire about the application. Also, my application will not link to mycic account.
Landed Feb15 at Calgary Airport and haven’t received the card or photo request at the mailing address I provided at landing

surya450

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
March 16 2016@PNP CIC
Nomination.....
January 2016@ AINP
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-May-2016
Med's Request
4-oct-2017
Med's Done....
12-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
28-01-2018
Did you get photo request in mail as well? The reason I’m asking is that I’m outside Canada and can’t call them to inquire about the application. Also, my application will not link to mycic account.
Landed Feb15 at Calgary Airport and haven’t received the card or photo request at the mailing address I provided at landing
No I didn’t get in mail, I called them up and she sent a photo request email when I was talking to them.

surya450

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
March 16 2016@PNP CIC
Nomination.....
January 2016@ AINP
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-May-2016
Med's Request
4-oct-2017
Med's Done....
12-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
28-01-2018
Mar 5, 2018
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Hi everyone,

How long it takes for CIC to process with the new photo we sent? From the day they receive until you get your card approved.

I've bought air ticket on May 14th, and I applied for PRTD as well. Fingers crossed.

Status update:
Feb 9- Landed at Toronto Pearson Airport with my husband
Mar 21- Requested for my new photo
Mar 29- New photo of mine received by them

What's next? Do I get a status update message from them indicating my application is approved?

Timeline for my husband whose photo didn't mess up:
Mar 19- Approved for my husband's PR card
Apr 4- PR card received for my husband

Reactions: Smile24x7
Mar 5, 2018
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Thank you for your information. I have try this way five times today, but not successful.
Always give me the "no match application information". I am sure the city of birth is right, even the letter format.
The city of birth should be EXACTLY AS SHOWN ON YOUR PASSPORT, for example, the Chinese passport only shows the province you were born in.

Reactions: LittleHuang

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi everyone,

How long it takes for CIC to process with the new photo we sent? From the day they receive until you get your card approved.

I've bought air ticket on May 14th, and I applied for PRTD as well. Fingers crossed.

Status update:
Feb 9- Landed at Toronto Pearson Airport with my husband
Mar 21- Requested for my new photo
Mar 29- New photo of mine received by them

What's next? Do I get a status update message from them indicating my application is approved?

Timeline for my husband whose photo didn't mess up:
Mar 19- Approved for my husband's PR card
Apr 4- PR card received for my husband
Can we apply for PRTD from inside Canada ?

Mar 5, 2018
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Can we apply for PRTD from inside Canada ?
No I don't think so. I applied from abroad, currently I'm in Beijing, waiting for my PR card or PRTD to be issued to return to Canada on May 14. Right now things are not looking up for me. The standard processing time for PRTD at the embassy is 1-2 months (I submitted the application on 29 March), and the PR card with new photo request takes 1 month longer as I learn from this thread.
So worried. Is driving across the US border the only solution for me? haha

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
No I don't think so. I applied from abroad, currently I'm in Beijing, waiting for my PR card or PRTD to be issued to return to Canada on May 14. Right now things are not looking up for me. The standard processing time for PRTD at the embassy is 1-2 months (I submitted the application on 29 March), and the PR card with new photo request takes 1 month longer as I learn from this thread.
So worried. Is driving across the US border the only solution for me? haha
I applied for PRTD in USA and I got my passport back in 7 days. Usually they say 1 month but processing times are actually faster.

Reactions: carriefreaksout

Kntn

Mar 22, 2018
If you are outside Canada, you can call +1 (613) 944-4000, and enquire about the status of your PR card. Just dial, and follow the instructions. The call is free if you use Google Hangouts.

Daria_1007

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Toronto
Morning guys!

Do you know what’s the reason for the delay in some cases? I see some people are getting cards pretty fast and some have to wait longer?

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
Morning guys!

Do you know what’s the reason for the delay in some cases? I see some people are getting cards pretty fast and some have to wait longer?
You have to wait longer if they don't like your photo, otherwise it gets over in less than 2 months.

Daria_1007

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Toronto
When do
You have to wait longer if they don't like your photo, otherwise it gets over in less than 2 months.
When do they usually tell you if they did not like a photo?
I don’t think it’s applicable to inlands though. But it’s been almost 8 weeks and still nothing