+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

Karim82

Mar 23, 2018
Hi Guys,

I need your advise. I landed in Vancouver with my wife and 3 kids on Feb 7th.

My, my wife’s and one of the kids applications were approved on March 19th and recieved the PR cards six days later.

I had to leave Canada for commitments here in the USA. A friend of mine in Vancouver checked the mail and he told me that I recieved photo requests for the two kids in order for the IRCC to issue their PR cards. The photos have to be sent before April 21 otherwise the PR application for the two kids will be cancelled. I can’t leave the USA in the mean time. So I am planning to take new photos for them here in the USA and send it to my friend, who, in turn, will put them in the envelopes we recieved and send it to the IRCC.

Is it OK to do this? keeping in mind that the photographer stamp at the back of the images shows that this is a studio in North Carolina, USA.

It is important to mention that all my kids are american passport holders, so they can enter Canada at any time without permission or visa or even PR.

I appreciate your advise.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
Hi Guys,

I need your advise. I landed in Vancouver with my wife and 3 kids on Feb 7th.

My, my wife’s and one of the kids applications were approved on March 19th and recieved the PR cards six days later.

I had to leave Canada for commitments here in the USA. A friend of mine in Vancouver checked the mail and he told me that I recieved photo requests for the two kids in order for the IRCC to issue their PR cards. The photos have to be sent before April 21 otherwise the PR application for the two kids will be cancelled. I can’t leave the USA in the mean time. So I am planning to take new photos for them here in the USA and send it to my friend, who, in turn, will put them in the envelopes we recieved and send it to the IRCC.

Is it OK to do this? keeping in mind that the photographer stamp at the back of the images shows that this is a studio in North Carolina, USA.

It is important to mention that all my kids are american passport holders, so they can enter Canada at any time without permission or visa or even PR.

I appreciate your advise.
I'd have the friend send you the letter and the envelopes received. Take pictures where you are in the US and mail the envelope to the CIC from the US. That's the most straightforward way.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Hi everyone!!

I'm not sure if I'm seeing things but my online account for PR card is showing
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Is this what it always say's? cause i can't remember haha or has this changed to say something different? I'm getting a little excited to get my card!!!

Landed 15th March 2018 inland

Apr 3, 2018
Hi Friends,
I landed in vancouver on 22nd Feb along with my wife and my daughter.I am trying to link my PR card application with my express entry profile but i am not able to do so.

I request those who have successfully managed to link the application to help me on this.

What is the place of birth that you have mentioned while linking your application.Is it what is given on your passport or what is displayed in the COPR.The one mentioned in the COPR has my state name mentioned after my city name.

Other suggestions to link the profile would also be helpful.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi Friends,
I landed in vancouver on 22nd Feb along with my wife and my daughter.I am trying to link my PR card application with my express entry profile but i am not able to do so.

I request those who have successfully managed to link the application to help me on this.

What is the place of birth that you have mentioned while linking your application.Is it what is given on your passport or what is displayed in the COPR.The one mentioned in the COPR has my state name mentioned after my city name.

Other suggestions to link the profile would also be helpful.
It’s supposed to be the exact place of birth on your passport (for India). Not sure about passports from other countries.
I have done that and still haven’t been able to link my application.

Emily89

Star Member
Dec 14, 2016
Mine is showing the same too, landed March 11 2018.

Hey, I checked your history, did you apply for EE? or paper-based? Also OWP = open work permit?
Hi!

No I applied through spouse sponsorship app paper based, and yes that stands for Open Work Permit which i applied and got 3 months after applying for my app.

Thanks for your answer :) I guess just keep waiting, travelling mid May so fingers crossed!

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
It’s supposed to be the exact place of birth on your passport (for India). Not sure about passports from other countries.
I have done that and still haven’t been able to link my application.
You're spot-on. I linked it the very same day I landed, and recall its only the UCI number and Place of Birth(as it appears on your passport) that works !

Reactions: excitedme

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
You're spot-on. I linked it the very same day I landed, and recall its only the UCI number and Place of Birth(as it appears on your passport) that works !
still doesn't work for me though