Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Hello,

Can someone please advise me that when can I expect my PPR

I applied under BCPNP

AOR - Mar 28th
Medical passed - July 14
BC - Did not notice when I got changed from NA to processing your background check. Just checked on Sept 18th
Application Status is below

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thank you
This looks like IP2 if you already saw a it change from IP1 (when medicals passed) then to NA and now IP2. Usually it should be very soon to get the PPR in most cases but have heard some people get stuck at this stage as well.

Anyway I think you should search for the group that talks about when your ITA was issued. That would be a better resource to gauge your progress. Good luck

Reactions: Jessie77

Ndya90

Nov 9, 2016
When the status of the pr card says approved on the cic linked profile , does that mean it's been dispatched ??

Aamir087

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Got my PR card yesterday!!

Landed on 21st July
PR Card approved on 19th,

So I received the card in 2-3 days after approval. I live in Ottawa.

:)

Berty3000

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
No you actually don't have to, just rent a car and drive to U.S. to take the flight. And when you come back to U.S. and drive back to Canada. I confirmed with the border officer they said it was okay.
Thanks stefan. I'm aware of the border crossing option. It would be very inconvenient and expensive though, and means I am left to depend on my CoPR, which is just a crappy piece of paper. It also assumes the USA officials will not object to me returning to the USA under my esta waiver, although I don't anticipate problems here, it is a potential concern. Frankly, if I didn't like canada and its people as much as I do, I wouldn't be going near the place. The pr process is a complicated mess and far too slow. It is like dealing with some backward, Soviet Republic in the Urals. The welcome I got from the cic official in Toronto was appalling - arrogant and rude - the only bad encounter I've had during my time here, and the jury is still out as to whether she has actually submitted my pr card application properly seeing as it still isn't on the system after nearly 7 weeks. Absolute joke. If anybody is in two minds about going to Canada or Australia, I'd tell them to go with the latter if they want to avoid stress, irritation, and bullshit.

JGD_C

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-1976
Passport Req..
05-09-2017
oh gosh 2 more month wait sound like card is not printing by printer some one making hand art :(

I hope this wait will end soon...
OMG!! haha... the best comment I have heard in a while now!

dennis05

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
I will do my landing on Tuesday at the SK-Montana border. How does it work? Do they automatically send the pr card after landing or i will have to apply for it?

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
I will do my landing on Tuesday at the SK-Montana border. How does it work? Do they automatically send the pr card after landing or i will have to apply for it?
They will mail your permanent resident (PR) card .you dont have to apply anything.
Additional to it keep your landing documents safely you will be needed down the road.

Reactions: Seedorf_10