AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Apparently Etobicoke is the slowest of all VOs in processing PR card applications. People who've sent their photos in early to mid November are now receiving updates.
To track PR card application, you have to link it online in your CIC account. Usually people receive ghost updates when the PR card is sent to print queue/production.
Where do we see this status Approved and Mail with date. on GC key account. My PR card is the first one. sent to NIAGRA FALLS

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Al Hamdulillah my PR card got approved and mailed after 2nd GU today 1st May 2021.

Timeline:

Photos and copr delivered 28th Jan 2021 to Winnipeg Office
Received photos and copr 2nd Feb 2021
1st GU 28th April 2021
2nd GU 1st May 2021 (didn't get any email. When I got GU and checked full application status it said Final decision made and PR card approved and mailed.)

It said it will take 6 weeks to arrive. Usually it takes how long?

Last edited:

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Al Hamdulillah my PR card got approved and mailed after 2nd GU today 1st May 2021.

Timeline:

Photos and copr delivered 28th Jan 2021 to Winnipeg Office
Received photos and copr 2nd Feb 2021
1st GU 28th April 2021
2nd GU 1st May 2021 (didn't get any email. When I got GU and checked full application status it said Final decision made and PR card approved and mailed.)

It said it will take 6 weeks to arrive. Usually it takes how long?
6 weeks in post unbelievable

virani123

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
Hi Guys.

After reading all your comments it seems the PR card is taking too long from the Etobicoke office. My photos were received on April 8th and I confirmed with IRCC after calling them.

Now my question is regarding travel plans. This is ridiculous that we cant even travel just because of this freaking PR card although some of us are having valid open work permits and work visa's. But can someone make me understand that even if we travel using our valid work permit what might be the consequences once we land in Toronto? Because I think I wont be having any issues while boarding the plane, the airline would consider me as work permit holder and would allow me to board.

Please if someone can share their thoughts or know someone who have recently travelled like this? I don't want to go with the PRTD route from my home country.

Thank you in advance.

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
Hi Guys.

After reading all your comments it seems the PR card is taking too long from the Etobicoke office. My photos were received on April 8th and I confirmed with IRCC after calling them.

Now my question is regarding travel plans. This is ridiculous that we cant even travel just because of this freaking PR card although some of us are having valid open work permits and work visa's. But can someone make me understand that even if we travel using our valid work permit what might be the consequences once we land in Toronto? Because I think I wont be having any issues while boarding the plane, the airline would consider me as work permit holder and would allow me to board.

Please if someone can share their thoughts or know someone who have recently travelled like this? I don't want to go with the PRTD route from my home country.

Thank you in advance.
Technically once u get ur PR approved , ur COPR is valid and u r no longer considered work permit holder. Ur work permit is not valid anymore. But u can still leave canada and go to your country, but while coming u need to apply for Permanent travel resident document through which you can enter in canada

Reactions: marioB96

Tanker

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi Guys.

After reading all your comments it seems the PR card is taking too long from the Etobicoke office. My photos were received on Jan 8th and I confirmed with IRCC after calling them.

What if:
1. I leave Canada on COPR
2. Wait out the PR card outside Canada
3. Once the PR card arrives to my home address in Canada, someone will ship the PR card to me (to outside Canada).
4. Once I receive the PR card, I will fly back in to Canada with PR card without even applying for Permanent travel resident document.

Has anybody tried this before or have something to say about it, please do no hesitate to add. I just wanna see if this is a possibility, because Canadian immigration offices are closed due to Covid in many countries.

earlgreygrey

May 1, 2021
Hello everyone!

I got my COPR on Feb 24th
sent photos to Vancouver office on Feb 28th
first GU on March 19th
however, nothing happened after that...

I know the official processing time is 120 days but the Vancouver office usually processing really fast
And people usually get it mailed after a week of GU
So I‘m kind of worried about it since I've waited for 2 months, anyone knows is it normal??
Anyone sent to the Vancouver office as well??
Thx

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hello everyone!

I got my COPR on Feb 24th
sent photos to Vancouver office on Feb 28th
first GU on March 19th
however, nothing happened after that...

I know the official processing time is 120 days but the Vancouver office usually processing really fast
And people usually get it mailed after a week of GU
So I‘m kind of worried about it since I've waited for 2 months, anyone knows is it normal??
Anyone sent to the Vancouver office as well??
Thx
Have u tried calling them . Sometimes if you don’t call they put you in a long queue ?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
can anyone tell me how long it normally takes for u to get Pr card once they have sent in the mail? they say up to 6 weeks.
Waiting waiting

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
One of my friend asked courier facilities for that so they told that they don't courier pr card outside Canada bcz it's a fraud.
It is not considered as fraud. Many people used to do soft-landing in normal times and used to give thier friends/relatives address to receive PR card and later thier friends or relatives used to courier it to them. It is completely legitimate. That being said, IRCC do not mail the card to any address outside Canada.