+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

liunicv

Oct 5, 2015
Loudseer said:
Received our PR card on 14th Feb 2017 in Vancouver :D
It was mailed on 9th Feb 2017.
Landed on Dec 23rd, and called CIC just now.
They told me they have no update in my PR card, nothing, not sent to print yet, and they left a message on my file for the producer, and ask me to call them back in 6 weeks.
Does this happen a lot?

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
I wish they'd start printing these cards quickly I mean them taking almost 2 months to print cards is just beyond any logic or explanation - when all checks have been done, landing papers issued then why such a long wait?

Aace

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER 3rd March
AOR Received.
26TH AUG.2015 ( we started processing your app. on March 24th, 2015)
Passport Req..
1st September 2016
VISA ISSUED...
9th September 2016
LANDED..........
25th December 2016
Landed on 25th Dec2016 and got two cards on monday and the last one today :D

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
shaznaz75 said:
I wish they'd start printing these cards quickly I mean them taking almost 2 months to print cards is just beyond any logic or explanation - when all checks have been done, landing papers issued then why such a long wait?
Yea it makes no sense. I'd understand 2-3 weeks but 7 weeks? I landed on Feb. 4 and want to go travel a bit but I'm stuck here waiting for the PR card.

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
TomasX90 said:
Yea it makes no sense. I'd understand 2-3 weeks but 7 weeks? I landed on Feb. 4 and want to go travel a bit but I'm stuck here waiting for the PR card.
I am in the same boat, landed feb 10 and now just hoping this PR card comes quickly in the mail so that I can travel. For a over a year we have not been able to go out anywhere because of the "in-land" processing rules.

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
shaznaz75 said:
I am in the same boat, landed feb 10 and now just hoping this PR card comes quickly in the mail so that I can travel. For a over a year we have not been able to go out anywhere because of the "in-land" processing rules.
What do you mean by "in-land" rules? We applied under CEC Inland and had BOWP & SOWP and we traveled at least 7 times out of Canada.

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
I applied under family class, its a different category. Apparently while its being processed inside Canada its adv'd that I don't leave Canada, otherwise they can give me a hard time at the port of entry.

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hey guys,

I hope everyone is doing well. I was just informed that I have to travel like in a weeks time or so for business reasons. The problem is I am yet to receive my PR card. This travel involves a commercial transport(plane).

My landing was on 14th January. Whats the approximate date that I will receive my card? 48 days from the landing date?

Can I travel outside with my passport and be in that country till my PR card arrives and have someone fedex it to me? Then return to Canada with the PR Card? is it advisable? safe?

I do not want to apply for the PR document- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/
Because then I have to send my passport and who knows how long will that take to process.

As I cannot miss this business trip- what I plan to do is travel with the all documents possible, be in that country till the PR Card is sent to my post in Canada. Have someone fedex it to me while I am in that country and then travel back to Canada.

Any advice/suggestions?

Cheers.

Loudseer

Jun 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-July-2016
AOR Received.
29-July-2016
Med's Done....
22-Aug-2016
Passport Req..
9-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2016
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2016
codeguru said:
Hey guys,

I hope everyone is doing well. I was just informed that I have to travel like in a weeks time or so for business reasons. The problem is I am yet to receive my PR card. This travel involves a commercial transport(plane).

My landing was on 14th January. Whats the approximate date that I will receive my card? 48 days from the landing date?

Can I travel outside with my passport and be in that country till my PR card arrives and have someone fedex it to me? Then return to Canada with the PR Card? is it advisable? safe?

I do not want to apply for the PR document- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/
Because then I have to send my passport and who knows how long will that take to process.

As I cannot miss this business trip- what I plan to do is travel with the all documents possible, be in that country till the PR Card is sent to my post in Canada. Have someone fedex it to me while I am in that country and then travel back to Canada.

Any advice/suggestions?

Cheers.
Based on current processing time, it's unlikely you will get your PR card within a week.
If I were you, I would have called IRCC to know if they already have mailed the card. Depending on your location it might reach your address by next week.

Talking about other options. If you possess us visa, you can buy ticket to land in US and cross the border by foot.
Some of the users of this forum also mailed the card to foreign address.

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
shaznaz75 said:
I applied under family class, its a different category. Apparently while its being processed inside Canada its adv'd that I don't leave Canada, otherwise they can give me a hard time at the port of entry.
Gotcha. Honestly, I'm not familiar with a family classes so no idea. Anyway, if we have a COPR we can still cross the boarder by car. So I'm thinking about driving to Seattle from Vancouver, flying for vacation, and then driving back to Vancouver.

The problem is not on Canadian side, but at the airport in the foreign county where they cannot verify your status in Canada. On the other hand Canadians already have you in their system as PR so you're good there.

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Loudseer said:
Based on current processing time, it's unlikely you will get your PR card within a week.
If I were you, I would have called IRCC to know if they already have mailed the card. Depending on your location it might reach your address by next week.

Talking about other options. If you possess us visa, you can buy ticket to land in US and cross the border by foot.
Some of the users of this forum also mailed the card to foreign address.
Well I have landed on 14th Jan. So am I too ambitious to hope for the card to be ready by March 15th or something?
I do not possess US visa and do not plan to apply for one as of now.

Is it safe(as in legal etc) to have it mailed to a foreign address during my travel and use it to return to Canada?

iraq85

Dec 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
7-10-2016
Passport Req..
17-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Hi guys

I am a PNP (Saskatchewan) and intend to land next month. I have no address in Saskatchewan but I do have a friend who lives in Ontario. Is it possible to provide my friend's address ? or it would be considered an interest in a province other than Saskatchewan which may result in entry denial . Please help . Anyone was with a similar situation.

Thanks

Loudseer

Jun 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-July-2016
AOR Received.
29-July-2016
Med's Done....
22-Aug-2016
Passport Req..
9-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2016
LANDED..........
24-Dec-2016
codeguru said:
Well I have landed on 14th Jan. So am I too ambitious to hope for the card to be ready by March 15th or something?
I do not possess US visa and do not plan to apply for one as of now.

Is it safe(as in legal etc) to have it mailed to a foreign address during my travel and use it to return to Canada?
In my opinion and based on current processing time, 59 Days should be enough to get your card by mail.
I got my card in hand in 52 days after landing.

But processing time always changes, you can keep yourself updated by calling them in every few days for the status of your card.

I am not sure about the legality(Possibly it's not illegal but IRCC discourages to do so) of sending PR card overseas, but I have read people doing it.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob491.asp

codeguru

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Loudseer said:
In my opinion and based on current processing time, 59 Days should be enough to get your card by mail.
I got my card in hand in 52 days after landing.

But processing time always changes, you can keep yourself updated by calling them in every few days for the status of your card.

I am not sure about the legality(Possibly it's not illegal but IRCC discourages to do so) of sending PR card overseas, but I have read people doing it.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob491.asp
Based on your advice, I gave them a call. It seems my card when to production yesterday.
From your experience, when do you think the card should be ready and mailed out? An approximate will be fine.

Thank you for helping me out. Cheers.

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
codeguru said:
Based on your advice, I gave them a call. It seems my card when to production yesterday.
From your experience, when do you think the card should be ready and mailed out? An approximate will be fine.

Thank you for helping me out. Cheers.
1-2 weeks