+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

remo456

Jul 2, 2016
Hello friends,
Can you please tell me what is the fastest and secured way to send photos for PR card? Can I use Fedex etc?

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
As far as I know (or what an agent told me), Montreal office was still closed since December (that was 3 weeks ago). Submitted photos in July, re-submitted them in December, and still waiting....

mala2810

Dec 2, 2019
I have given up on this to be honest until lockdown in Toronto is lifted (second week of March?).
They (etobicoke office) might resume working then and hopefully clear the backlog in 5-6 months? who knows.
i have been waiting since Sept 21 when they received my paper with photo. I am linked online with GCKey but no update whatsoever. Now the processing time too is short ...

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
i have been waiting since Sept 21 when they received my paper with photo. I am linked online with GCKey but no update whatsoever. Now the processing time too is short ...
My best guess, based on recent user reports on this forum, is that this particular office has just stopped processing paper PR card applications. It is probably justified by the stay at home order currently in effect in Toronto. We should see if they resume processing when Toronto goes into grey zone or do they wait until red zone. Who knows. They really don't have any human interaction in this process, they should just open the letters and scan the photos, but none of us are involved in making these policy decisions really, so we can only wait or email our MP. Mine is still not as lengthy as yours, so I'm going to give it a few more months before I start emailing my MP.

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
My best guess, based on recent user reports on this forum, is that this particular office has just stopped processing paper PR card applications. It is probably justified by the stay at home order currently in effect in Toronto. We should see if they resume processing when Toronto goes into grey zone or do they wait until red zone. Who knows. They really don't have any human interaction in this process, they should just open the letters and scan the photos, but none of us are involved in making these policy decisions really, so we can only wait or email our MP. Mine is still not as lengthy as yours, so I'm going to give it a few more months before I start emailing my MP.
I will be emailing my MP as soon as the application exceeds processing time. I suggest everyone doing it. Previously it saved me much time.

mala2810

Dec 2, 2019
They have done the due diligence for PR before approval and now its beyond me to think the delay is due to shortage of staff or covid. Really appalls me

Reactions: Nousernamesadface

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
Anyone sent their photos to EDMONTON in DECEMBER got any update yet?
Hello, I've sent my photos on November 20th to Edmonton office, they received them Nov 25th, called cic couple weeks ago, i was told March is the due date. Hopefully its true..

sonyguntuka

Aug 10, 2020
I got my pr card 3 weeks after eCOPR. Etobicoke is my local office. But it was via the PR portal tho. it was mailed from Nova Scotia. I think that is where they print the cards.
Congratulations :) Does everyone receive an email from IRCC to apply through the portal? Or is it just you?
Why everyone is sending through a post if the portal is available?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I got my pr card 3 weeks after eCOPR. Etobicoke is my local office. But it was via the PR portal tho. it was mailed from Nova Scotia. I think that is where they print the cards.
You submitted your first application online?