+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Track experiences of applicants living outside Canada

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
They have no right to do so. I took both test and interview outside Canada. The agent also said to take oath outside Canada, you must send a request to Registar of CIC...
What is the email address for registrar? or best way to contact them?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
And how do I go about doing this? They've straight up left me on read when I said I can't give a return date and need it done from abroad. Zero replies to countless emails and webforms sent. I'm losing my mind here not knowing and am so scared I'll be losing my PR status if it's not done soon. And I can't quit a job here and sit there in Canada waiting for them for god knows how many months!
Talk to your MP or lawyer.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
What is the email address for registrar? or best way to contact them?
I'm not there yet. They will tell me once I get oath invitation.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Did you apply through a lawyer or take one on after applying? I'm asking because I don't have one.
Nope, mine is DIY

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Did you apply through a lawyer or take one on after applying? I'm asking because I don't have one.
I urge you not to travel at this time. BA.2 is the most infectious variant so far and even some of my friends in rural Ontario got infected. The news said it'll be like 10,000 cases per day in the coming weeks. The government removed mask mandate?!

Last edited:

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
I urge you not to travel at this time. BA2 is the most infectious variant so far and even some of my friends in rural Ontario got infected. The news said it'll be like 10,000 cases per day in the coming weeks. The government is removing mask mandate?!
Too late for me I came to Canada after I got the email from IRCC as I though they are working actively on my application and wants me to bet n Country so can provide me with the Oath date.

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Too late for me I came to Canada after I got the email from IRCC as I though they are working actively on my application and wants me to bet n Country so can provide me with the Oath date.
Since you are already in Canada, send them an email.
A separate thread from all your prior emails, try to appeal to the emotions of the reader. Find a very good reason (health, family, etc) why you need to have your Oath done ASAP. This might work.
I wish you all the best!

Reactions: Dreamlad and RoseDB

Jakke

Star Member
Nov 6, 2021
Over two weeks ago I got an email from IRCC (Montreal Office) stating:

(IRCC) to continue the process of your citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held during your eligibility period are required.

The required documents must be sent when you return to Canada as you will need to respond to this email with your last name, First Name and File Number and provide evidence of your departure from Canada and arrival abroad, as well as your departure from and return to Canada, such evidence could be, but is not limited to, your boarding passes and travel itineraries.

So, I returned to Canada sent the documents as requested within two days and NO reply since then.
I wonder if IRCC can demand you to get back to Canada or will pause the application, is it even Legal??
I am now in the waiting game with IRCC.
This is comical. They know that you are not in Canada (or were not a the time they sent you email). And they are asking you to submit the documents when you return o Canada. But they still want "evidence of your departure from Canada and arrival abroad". Where do they think you are or have been? Outer space?

Reactions: Dreamlad

theurn15

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah, they've been asking citizenship applicants to come back after the "outside test" sometimes they scare you with words like "an absence from Canada has been added to your file!" I called an agent and she told me that in order to continue the processing of your file, you should come back!
And yes! now they have a long 27 months to process your file. No need to hurry.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Yeah, they've been asking citizenship applicants to come back after the "outside test" sometimes they scare you with words like "an absence from Canada has been added to your file!" I called an agent and she told me that in order to continue the processing of your file, you should come back!
And yes! now they have a long 27 months to process your file. No need to hurry.
My agent told me I CAN take oath outside Canada if I request it from Registar of Canadian Citizenship.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
My agent told me I CAN take oath outside Canada if I request it from Registar of Canadian Citizenship.
Any idea on how we do that?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Any idea on how we do that?
Reply back to oath email saying you wanna take oath outside Canada and provide them with a reason and necessary supporting documents. They will make the decision within 3 business days.

Reactions: harirajmohan

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
They never replied to my email but have emailed me last night requesting my passport pages be scanned and sent back to them. Anyone knows what this means?