+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR timeline after confirmation? Case status: In review with IRCC for a long time

May 23, 2018
I applied through TR to PR (International Graduate stream) and I got confirmation of acceptance about a couple of months ago when my portal (to Finalize the permanent residence confirmation process) was created. In that portal, I declared my presence in Canada and uploaded my address and pic. Since then, the status has been "Case status: In review with IRCC". Is it normal? How much longer should I expect? I was told that it shouldn't take more than a few weeks for this step. Are they doing any further verification etc?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I applied through TR to PR (International Graduate stream) and I got confirmation of acceptance about a couple of months ago when my portal (to Finalize the permanent residence confirmation process) was created. In that portal, I declared my presence in Canada and uploaded my address and pic. Since then, the status has been "Case status: In review with IRCC". Is it normal? How much longer should I expect? I was told that it shouldn't take more than a few weeks for this step. Are they doing any further verification etc?
You may want to read/follow the discussion thread >>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here for more specifics on the TR to PR Pathway but it appears that there has been a backlog in the 'landing' processes. Many have received their PR email or confirmation but have been 'on hold' for a month or two and are anticipating that the backlog will clear early in 2023.