+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR recent graduate pathway

dfreyes343

Jul 27, 2022
Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask a few questions. I am currently in a process in the TR to PR program, through the francophone recent graduate stream. I currently live near the Quebec/Ontario border and I decided to live on the Quebec side while I was doing my studies since it was more affordable than living on the Ontario side. IRCC contacted me recently and they asked me to send them a letter where I have to declare that it is not my intention to stay in Quebec, since I declared on the application that it is my intention to live in Ontario. They also asked me to provide a few extra documents that I already have, but my main concern is the time since they told me that I have to send everything in 7 days max. Here are a couple of questions I would like to ask:

1. My plan regarding the letter is to declare that I live indeed in Quebec, but I'm planning on moving to Ontario in 2 months since I work for an Ontario employer now. However, I don't know if currently living in Quebec can have a negative impact on my application, or if 2 months is too long/not convincing for the immigration officer. What would you do in my situation?

2. IRCC asked me to fill a form again, and I need to attach an extra sheet to the form to provide full information on my history. However, I don't know how to attach an extra sheet on the same document, and the IRCC platform does not let me submit extra documents (they asked for 4 documents, and opened 4 links to provide those documents, which means I cannot upload the extra sheet as an extra document). What can I do regarding this?

Looking forward to reading your advice!

Thank you very much

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask a few questions. I am currently in a process in the TR to PR program, through the francophone recent graduate stream. I currently live near the Quebec/Ontario border and I decided to live on the Quebec side while I was doing my studies since it was more affordable than living on the Ontario side. IRCC contacted me recently and they asked me to send them a letter where I have to declare that it is not my intention to stay in Quebec, since I declared on the application that it is my intention to live in Ontario. They also asked me to provide a few extra documents that I already have, but my main concern is the time since they told me that I have to send everything in 7 days max. Here are a couple of questions I would like to ask:

1. My plan regarding the letter is to declare that I live indeed in Quebec, but I'm planning on moving to Ontario in 2 months since I work for an Ontario employer now. However, I don't know if currently living in Quebec can have a negative impact on my application, or if 2 months is too long/not convincing for the immigration officer. What would you do in my situation?

2. IRCC asked me to fill a form again, and I need to attach an extra sheet to the form to provide full information on my history. However, I don't know how to attach an extra sheet on the same document, and the IRCC platform does not let me submit extra documents (they asked for 4 documents, and opened 4 links to provide those documents, which means I cannot upload the extra sheet as an extra document). What can I do regarding this?

Looking forward to reading your advice!

Thank you very much
If you have solid proof that you will being moving out of Quebec and into Ontario you should be fine. Proof that you have given notice to your Quebec landlord and you have signed a lease in Ontario would provide proof that you are relocating even if the move in date is in 2 months.