+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR Pathway

Sunshine@

May 31, 2021
I have a question on TR to PR pathway for Essential-non health care program. Firstly, is this strictly for work permit holders or could apply for PGWP as well?
My friend is on Post graduate work permit and has one year of eligible experience. However, this work experience is gained partly on study permit and rest on post graduate work permit. So, not sure if his experience while study permit would be acceptable and if he is eligible for this program?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
I have a question on TR to PR pathway for Essential-non health care program. Firstly, is this strictly for work permit holders or could apply for PGWP as well?
PGWP is also a work permit.

My friend is on Post graduate work permit and has one year of eligible experience. However, this work experience is gained partly on study permit and rest on post graduate work permit. So, not sure if his experience while study permit would be acceptable and if he is eligible for this program?
Experience gained while on study permit can also be counted under TR to PR program.

Sunshine@

May 31, 2021
Just to clarify will he be considered under "Recent international graduates from a Canadian institution stream" or "Workers in Canada: essential, non-health care"

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
Just to clarify will he be considered under "Recent international graduates from a Canadian institution stream" or "Workers in Canada: essential, non-health care"
That depends on your friend's qualifications, educational and professional background. Does he/she have experience working as an essential or non-essential worker? FYI the recent graduate stream is only available for french speakers, there is no more quota for english speakers.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway.html

Sunshine@

May 31, 2021
Thanks. He is a recent international graduate but his work experience during his study permit and right now on PGWP falls under essential, non health care stream.
So is he eligible to apply under this stream?

gay5sing

Jun 9, 2021
Good day, I am in the process of completing the Statutory Declaration of Common Law Union under the new TR to PR non-essential, which is to be signed by a Notary Public. However, we are currently in 2 different countries. I am in Canada and he is currently in Jamaica. Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed with the Notary Person witnessing our signatures, considering we are in 2 different countries? Is it possible to have two notaries signing the same document?