+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR Pathway for essential non-healthcare workers.

dreamerx10kadost

Jul 24, 2019
Hi,
I hope you guys are doing well.
I am planning to apply for PR under the aforementioned temporary stream.
I am currently working as a full-time essential worker in Walmart on Work Permit.
During my Study Visas, I used to work 21 hrs/ week in Walmart.
Now, I am confused should I go for This application process or not? Given that I have a valid work permit and completed 1560 hours of the required work.
My main concern is regarding the work I did on the Study permit i.e. 21 hrs/ week. Will it create any issues?

Thanks.

zapr000

Jun 2, 2021
Hi,
I am currently working as a full-time essential worker in Walmart on Work Permit.
Now, I am confused should I go for This application process or not? Given that I have a valid work permit and completed 1560 hours of the required work.
My main concern is regarding the work I did on the Study permit i.e. 21 hrs/ week. Will it create any issues?

Thanks.
Any hours above 20 is not allowed as per your conditions on study permit. However i doubt that ircc will come after you for working more than 1 hour but this is my opinion not a advice. it might create you problem in future if they investigate full extent on you.
My advice would be to apply if you are eligible and proceed with caution

Adrienbarco

Jun 8, 2021
Vernon
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Hey guys
Do you know anything about the process for the non health care worker ? I heard they won’t process any applications until the field is full

kingof2917

Feb 6, 2020
Hi,

Thanks.
On a study permit, you are allowed to work maximum 20 hours a week. But in your case, you worked 21 hours. If it was for 1 or 2 or maybe 3 times then it should be ok IRCC will not mind it much because sometimes it happens your coworker comes late then you have to work a little extra but if it was fixed 21 hours a week then it's wrong. Of course, you can proceed with this Tr to Pr stream, but you need a strong reason to make them believe that 21 hrs in your case was fine. You should never work more than 20 hours on a study permit.

Reactions: dreamerx10kadost