+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR to PR essesntial non-healthcare

Aryan123

Jun 1, 2021
Hey guys, So I am on PGWP since last month, and I have done several jobs till now. Majority of the time, I worked as a courier for skip the dishes and doordash. My question is will this job add towards my 1560 hours for essential jobs. As according to me, this job falls under noc code 7514- which is delivery and courier service drivers.
Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Aren’t you self employed? Do you get T4s and tax deductions from DoorDash? Do you have employment letters from DoorDash stating that you are their employee with your job duties listed.

I see Door Dash as being a self contractor. Do they pay your car insurance? Do the set your hours?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But for the new pathway, just like CEC, you cannot be self employed.

To be eligible, you must

• be employed in Canada when you submit your application
  • be employed in any job that exists in the National Occupational Classification website
  • be employed by someone else, meaning you cannot be self-employed
    • Exception: You may be working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.
  • be paid by your employer, meaning you cannot be a volunteer
  • be working with authorization

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Aryan123

Jun 1, 2021
But for the new pathway, just like CEC, you cannot be self employed.

To be eligible, you must

• be employed in Canada when you submit your application
  • be employed in any job that exists in the National Occupational Classification website
  • be employed by someone else, meaning you cannot be self-employed
    • Exception: You may be working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.
  • be paid by your employer, meaning you cannot be a volunteer
  • be working with authorization
You are right indeed. Thanks for your reply

Aryan123

Jun 1, 2021
This NOC can definitely be self-employed.

However for the purposes of the TR to PR program, self-employed work experience is unfortunately not accepted.
Yes, you are right. Thanks for your time.
I do have one more question.
I worked 5-6months for this pizza store in my area. Part time for 4 months and then full time for the rest of the period. My question is that I took my payments in cash but I do have paystubs for those. Will those work as a proof of hours or I had to receive a cheque for those

Aryan123

Jun 1, 2021
You are right indeed. Thanks for your reply
I worked 5-6months for this pizza store in my area. Part time for 4 months and then full time for the rest of the period. My question is that I took my payments in cash but I do have paystubs for those. Will those work as a proof of hours or I had to receive a cheque for those

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, you are right. Thanks for your time.
Yes - you should be able to use that work experience. However you need 1560 hours which presumably you wouldn't have quite yet. You'll also want to make sure this income is declared in your tax return for the year where you are declaring this work experience.

Aryan123

Jun 1, 2021
Yes - you should be able to use that work experience. However you need 1560 hours which presumably you wouldn't have quite yet. You'll also want to make sure this income is declared in your tax return for the year where you are declaring this work experience.
Thank you for your response.
Also, Is there any limit about how many hours part time work and full time work per week is going to contribute towards this pathway. Because some say only 15 hrs per week for part time and 30 hrs for fulltime work whereas, others say 20 hrs for part time and more than 20 hrs( i.e. any number ) for fulltime is going to be counted

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response.
Also, Is there any limit about how many hours part time work and full time work per week is going to contribute towards this pathway. Because some say only 15 hrs per week for part time and 30 hrs for fulltime work whereas, others say 20 hrs for part time and more than 20 hrs( i.e. any number ) for fulltime is going to be counted
Are these hours being declared on your tax return? Assume your employer isn’t declaring you as an employee so how are you declaring this cash income or am I incorrect? Do you have prothat your cash pay,ents are being declared as salary by your employer with appropriate deductions?

Aryan123

Jun 1, 2021
Are these hours being declared on your tax return? Assume your employer isn’t declaring you as an employee so how are you declaring this cash income or am I incorrect? Do you have prothat your cash pay,ents are being declared as salary by your employer with appropriate deductions?
So, for the cash part. I asked my employer to pay me in cash. And We both declared this in the tax return of last year.
Moreover, I wanted to ask about hours to be counted under part time and full time per week under the tr to pr pathway. Because some say only 15hr pr week for part-time and 30 hr per week for full time is countable. Whereas, others say 20 hr per week for part-time and more than 20 hr(i.e. any number more than 20) per week for full time is countable.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So, for the cash part. I asked my employer to pay me in cash. And We both declared this in the tax return of last year.
Moreover, I wanted to ask about hours to be counted under part time and full time per week under the tr to pr pathway. Because some say only 15hr pr week for part-time and 30 hr per week for full time is countable. Whereas, others say 20 hr per week for part-time and more than 20 hr(i.e. any number more than 20) per week for full time is countable.
The big issue is whether the hours will count because it doesn’t seem as you are working legally for your employer.

Aryan123

Jun 1, 2021
The big issue is whether the hours will count because it doesn’t seem as you are working legally for your employer.
The question about the hours is not for the work done earlier. Its for the remaining time under a job that pays through cheque. As there are still 5 months untill I can apply under this program. So I was planning on working more hours per week to reach the 1560 hours.
also I do have worked for 54 weeks.