+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TR help needed

bkk707

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi,
I have some questions regarding the TR process. The background: My girlfriend is Thai, we have been together 6 years. In 2019 she was successful in getting a TR to visit Canada (on 2nd attempt) and she visited for 10 days as per the plan submitted in her application. SHe hasn't been back due to covid. Her circumstances have not changed (good job, multiple property owner, self-sufficient) and now she has "travel experience", so I'm not worried about getting another TR, however I have a few questions:
1. according to IRC website, processing is 31 days for Thailand. Is that business days or total days?
2. last time on the second attempt we asked for 2 weeks to cover her 10 days trip, they ended up giving her 2 and 1/2 years (to the expiry date of her passport). Ironically this was after they stated the reason for declining the first attempt was they were't convinced she would leave, and then they turn around and give her more than 2 years LOL. She now has a new passport with a 10 year expiry. It would be ideal to get a TR that matched her passport expiry or even 5 years - is this possible, and how do we ask for this.
3. regarding the process, I gather I can apply on her behalf or she can apply directly. Does it matter? Last time I did all the work, wrote the letters etc but created the profile under her name, so it appeared that she was applying directly.
4. I have been visiting her in Thailand the past few years for roughly 5 months a year. She plans to retire in 3 years at which point we will get married and be together all year - ideally 7 months in Canada, 5 months in Thailand. So I'm wondering about applying for her permanent residence - could I apply now? I ask because I assume the turnaround time is years? Is there anything wrong with applying for a TR and PR at the same time?
5. Biometrics - how many years are they good for? She did them in 2019, so hoping she won't need to do again?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!