+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toward Understanding Bill C-6 to Amend Citizenship Act; new 3/5 rule plus

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dave01 said:
Any news yet.. Have the senate discussed C-6 today or postponed again?
they are still earlier in the listed items.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think we need some perspective.

while many (myself included) have been made to wait up to a year more (for those that would have been eligible last june and JUST missed the deadline to apply) lowering the citizenship residency requirement by a year is HARDLY the government's only job. NOR SHOULD IT BE. there are far greater issues at play here. C-15 is one of them.

Also, the whole purpose of the Senate is to be INDEPENDENT. In explanation, if the members of parliament who get elected overpromise stuff just to appease the crowds, things that would put the nation's welfare at risk, then the Senators, as independents and free from the pressure of being re-elected have a responsibility to bring balance to the proposed legislation.

Waiting a few more months is NOT a big deal. This is the law and everything is happening as it is supposed to happen. We can't choose to rush legislation when we just like it. Otherwise we risk having worse stuff shoved down our throats by other people, who might happen to like something different.

Just my $0.02.

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
quasar81 said:
They are now just complaining why someone called some senators 'non affiliate' rather than 'independent'. Gosh these fatt kidds.....
Geez! hopefully they would get to it today

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
dkera said:
Also, the whole purpose of the Senate is to be INDEPENDENT. In explanation, if the members of parliament who get elected overpromise stuff just to appease the crowds, things that would put the nation's welfare at risk, then the Senators, as independents .....
Just my $0.02.
Independent?? Are you kidding me?

Go check their voting records for last 10 years and see how 'independently' they have behaved. Then lecture us about the goods of these fat arses!!

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quasar81 said:
Independent?? Are you kidding me?

Go check their voting records for last 10 years and see how 'independently' they have behaved. Then lecture us about the goods of these fat arses!!
if you read my sentence I said that the whole PURPOSE is to be independent. that's how it SHOULD BE. i didn't make any statement about the current senators.

blackwine

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Richmond
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-04-2013
Med's Request
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
14-01-2014
I am thinking they just do not want to pass this bill.
anyway, now feel like do not care about it.
Conservative, i remember you.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blackwine said:
I am thinking they just do not want to pass this bill.
anyway, now feel like do not care about it.
Conservative, i remember you.
it's extremely shortsighted to blame the conservatives for this. get your facts straight first and make informed decisions.

first of all the House took 5 (!) months to send this to Senate. The House has a liberal majority. If they wanted they would have made better speed with this bill.

second the suggestion today that the Senate adjourns early for summer was seconded (voted upon) by Senator Harder, who is the head of the Liberal part of Senate.

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
of coures all we have to blame conservative because they screwed up everything and liberal has to fixed their mistake (anti immigrant )
That s why last election nobody voted for them. Canada builded by immigrants and most of us are immigrant so how we should make everyday harder and harder? I don't know how come postponed Bills while scheduled? processing time so slow here, anyone guys keep hoping because this Bill will be approve for sure

blackwine

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Richmond
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-04-2013
Med's Request
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
14-01-2014
dkera said:
it's extremely shortsighted to blame the conservatives for this. get your facts straight first and make informed decisions.

first of all the House took 5 (!) months to send this to Senate. The House has a liberal majority. If they wanted they would have made better speed with this bill.

second the suggestion today that the Senate adjourns early for summer was seconded (voted upon) by Senator Harder, who is the head of the Liberal part of Senate.
if the bill c 24 is not passed, we do not need to face the situation we have right now.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blackwine said:
if the bill c 24 is not passed, we do not need to face the situation we have right now.
Bill c-24 was passed in a democratic country, which you chose to immigrate to. the law is the law. i don't like it either but i already have waited close to a year more. it's not the end of the world. there are more important things to worry about.