Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Today the senta will read bill c-6 for second time so guys wait until tonight for results today senta will vote for first time

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
artin2015 said:
Today the senta will read bill c-6 for second time so guys wait until tonight for results today senta will vote for first time
Is it today or tomorrow?
As per the senate session details: "The Hon. the Speaker: Honourable senators, when shall this bill be read the second time?

(On motion of Senator Harder, bill placed on the Orders of the Day for second reading two days hence"

Knowing that the last session was on Friday, i think the next reading would be tomorrow.

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
3bdcanada said:
Is it today or tomorrow?
As per the senate session details: "The Hon. the Speaker: Honourable senators, when shall this bill be read the second time?

(On motion of Senator Harder, bill placed on the Orders of the Day for second reading two days hence"

Knowing that the last session was on Friday, i think the next reading would be tomorrow.
According to Order Paper is tomorrow,

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
It is in today's agenda .

http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/Agenda.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1
3bdcanada said:
Is it today or tomorrow?

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
makpan said:
It is in today's agenda .

http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/Agenda.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1
This lists all the bills on their agenda. this doesn't mean all of them will be discussed today.
If you check the comment at the bottom: "The order of debate for legislation in the Senate is determined by the Order Paper and Notice Paper of the Senate. This document lists all bills that could possibly be debated in the Senate that day." if you check the order paper, it clearly mentions tomorrow.

tambeamol

Nov 25, 2013
For the First reading of Senate voting shows some positive voting if i understood correctly:
Please refer below link:
HouseChamberBusiness/ChamberVoteDetail.aspx?FltrParl=42&FltrSes=1&Vote=58&Language=E&Mode=1

YEAS NAYS TOTAL PAIRED*
218 88 306 0

Any thoughts on this everyone. Does it say 218 members says yes to this Bill ?

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Yes it s today. bills schedule for today and some one them belong saneta, wait until evening i ll update it

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tambeamol said:
For the First reading of Senate voting shows some positive voting if i understood correctly:
Please refer below link:
HouseChamberBusiness/ChamberVoteDetail.aspx?FltrParl=42&FltrSes=1&Vote=58&Language=E&Mode=1

YEAS NAYS TOTAL PAIRED*
218 88 306 0

Any thoughts on this everyone. Does it say 218 members says yes to this Bill ?
This was the vote from 2nd Reading in HoC long time ago.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
artin2015 said:
Yes it s today. bills schedule for today and some one them belong saneta, wait until evening i ll update it
It's tomorrow. This was the old schedule. Due to emergency consideration of C-14 on Friday, All bills on schedule got pushed one day later.

ioavator

Jan 29, 2014
http://www.parl.gc.ca/housechamberbusiness/ChamberVoteDetail.aspx?FltrParl=42&FltrSes=1&Vote=58&Language=E&Mode=1
Sitting No. 57 - Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Das ist "May"

tambeamol said:
Nope these votes are for the 17th June voting.

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Bill C-6 does not address certain provisions of Bill C-24 regarding the following: the power that Bill C-24 granted to the minister to revoke citizenship based on a paper review with no judicial hearing; and it does not address provisions in Bill C-24 that provided a prohibition on citizenship for people charged with or serving a sentence for a criminal offence abroad, which also has to be an indictable offence in Canada. This bill also would leave in the minister's discretion to privately grant citizenship to individuals.
openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-6/

If this is true, then I feeling this bill will get royal assent this year, with conservatives approval

Krutika

Star Member
May 5, 2016
capermanet said:
Bill C-6 does not address certain provisions of Bill C-24 regarding the following: the power that Bill C-24 granted to the minister to revoke citizenship based on a paper review with no judicial hearing; and it does not address provisions in Bill C-24 that provided a prohibition on citizenship for people charged with or serving a sentence for a criminal offence abroad, which also has to be an indictable offence in Canada. This bill also would leave in the minister's discretion to privately grant citizenship to individuals.
openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-6/

If this is true, then I feeling this bill will get royal assent this year, with conservatives approval
Good argument, provisions like that could be the compromise that brings both sides to an agreement.