+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toward Understanding Bill C-6 to Amend Citizenship Act; new 3/5 rule plus

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Sue_Sam said:
Really this is an exact what they call B.S. I landed July 2013, next month will be 3 years in the country, my PR based on 3/5 because it is valid for 5 years. C-24 should be affect who landed in 2015 or this stupid C-6 at least correct that matter. I just wonder if there is anyone in the current or previous government or even in the Senate have a brain over his shoulder. God bless all of us who is waiting on handicap politician to play with our life and dreams, just all we got from them false promises just to get in the power.

So, it is just day light dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can thank the Harper administration for making you wait an extra year. Hopefully, you will get to tell the conservatives in 2019, 'Thanks but no thanks'. After all, one of their MPs in a debate in the house during the 3rd reading said, 'immigrants' who love this country wouldnt mind waiting an extra year. He fails to mention that if we waited an extra year, their department would make us wait a year or more after that. Its all baloney. The Harper admin was the same administration that made a behind the doors deal with KPMG for tax evasion charges. Like I said, I hope all immigrants remember. Conservatives do not care.

While I do agree the liberal govt is hardly showing any deft in dealing with the senate on getting its legislation through, I also think its just been 7 months and they are trying to make some changes in the dept like getting rid of Anita Biguzs. She was on the side of the harper govt and you can read about her actions online but I do get your point, the liberals have shown no inclination to appoint 18 more senators and get things moving. Even for the assisted dying legislation, why they are even bothering to listen to conservative viewpoints is mind boggling. They got their support from NDP defections and so, for them to put more limits on C-14 makes no sense which the Senate rightly doesn't want because it goes against the Charter as pointed out by the courts. So honestly, I dont get it. Only time will tell. After all, once JT came down to 3rd in the polls in late Aug of last year, he decided to pivot to the left to steal votes from the NDP. These 2 left leaning parties dont realize that people on the right will never change their mind. They will never listen to reason, they believe its their way or the highway. So I just hope he governs from the left. Bill C-6 was a very bold bill because it was telling immigrants that they cared. So to see it not move faster is a little ....

Sue_Sam

Dec 19, 2011
Dear VOP, I don't think Liberals trying hard to make change in 7 months, they got in power because of their promises, which all politician's always make promises and always there words a false. I believe with the big picture we live in political systems like any other corruption political system in Africa or Asia, they are all the same talk without walk.
Even with 3/5 rules it is 4 years not just 3,,,, but with 4/6 it is 5 years not just 4,,,, don't forget the time it take till you done with your oath, which almost takes one year from the time you submit your application. In the end, I don't think Mr. Trudeau cabinet have any difference from Mr. Harper cabinet all are the same, God bless all of us, who are waiting on some retarded old senate they are live in anther world far away from ours.

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Sue_Sam said:
Dear VOP, I don't think Liberals trying hard to make change in 7 months, they got in power because of their promises, which all politician's always make promises and always there words a false. I believe with the big picture we live in political systems like any other corruption political system in Africa or Asia, they are all the same talk without walk.
Even with 3/5 rules it is 4 years not just 3,,,, but with 4/6 it is 5 years not just 4,,,, don't forget the time it take till you done with your oath, which almost takes one year from the time you submit your application. In the end, I don't think Mr. Trudeau cabinet have any difference from Mr. Harper cabinet all are the same, God bless all of us, who are waiting on some retarded old senate they are live in anther world far away from ours.
Well, we have to wait and see because sure, I would like to see change more quickly too but having said that, do you really think that a Harper PMO would even listen to your concerns ? In fact, he was planning to expand the crime list for C-24.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
vop said:
Well, we have to wait and see because sure, I would like to see change more quickly too but having said that, do you really think that a Harper PMO would even listen to your concerns ? In fact, he was planning to expand the crime list for C-24.
There was no plans to expand the list beyond terrorism to C-24. Is this one of your "hidden agenda" that we all kept hearing about like "soldiers on the street" BS?

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did not the say that the citizenship application fees were doubled to lessen the processing period? why does it still say that the processing time is 2 years!!

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Loulou79 said:
Did not the say that the citizenship application fees were doubled to lessen the processing period? why does it still say that the processing time is 2 years!!
Ask the Liberals who made all sorts of promises and then cut funding to the CIC.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
torontosm said:
Ask the Liberals who made all sorts of promises and then cut funding to the CIC.
Processing times got worse unders CONs. CONs are root cause of having Liberals to push for C-6 bill. All above have well pointed out that 4/6 means 5/6 or worse, and 3/5 would mean 4/5 or worse.

Senate is a redundant body and they are not trying to show they 'work' by opposing all liberal bills. Reality is Lieberals were chosen by majority in this democracy(just like Harper in past 10), and senate has to respect democratic will. But CON senators are my way or highway as is general CON mentality.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
quasar81 said:
Processing times got worse unders CONs.
And have your Liberals made any of their promised changes yet? Or have they instead just further cut the CIC's budget and shifted priorities to refugees which has resulted in longer processing times?

quasar81 said:
Reality is Lieberals were chosen by majority in this democracy(just like Harper in past 10)
Actually, the Liberals only received 39% of the popular vote, not the majority.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
torontosm said:
Actually, the Liberals only received 39% of the popular vote, not the majority.
Actually Trudeau's 39.47% is less than Harper's 39.62%. If Harper's 166 seats in 2011 is illegitimate to democracy, according to leftist's views than Trudeau's 184 seats is even more illegitimate than Harper's.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
screech339 said:
Actually Trudeau's 39.47% is less than Harper's 39.62%. If Harper's 166 seats in 2011 is illegitimate to democracy, according to leftist's views than Trudeau's 184 seats is even more illegitimate than Harper's.
Who said Harper was illegitimate? Looks like your internal fears are pouring out. Typical CON bashing and topic diversions.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
quasar81 said:
Who said Harper was illegitimate? Looks like your internal fears are pouring out. Typical CON bashing and topic diversions.
I am only expanding on torontosm's comment on your post (which was off topic, regarding government majority) regarding media's bias. Nothing more. It's okay for Trudeau to have majority government but not Harper on same conditions? Don't you see the hypocrisy??

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
how long do we need to wait again til the Senate bring back this Bill C-6 for discussion?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
skidmarkz said:
how long do we need to wait again til the Senate bring back this Bill C-6 for discussion?
Most likely in the fall. Right now they have assist suicide bill to deal with.

His Purpose

May 19, 2015
screech339 said:
What makes you think that the senate has no choice but to pass the bill. They can debate and revised it as they see fit. Or even kill the bill for that matter (unlikely event) . They are under no obligation to pass every bill passed by commons. Once revised, and passed in senate, they can send it back to commons for vote there. It is awfully presumptuous of you to assume that the senate will approve all bills passed by commons. The senate has killed bills in the past.

Screech 229, while we wait on the bill to be passed, what is the name of the booklet to study for the Citizenship questions, do they send it to you or where can you buy/get it, please and thank you

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
His Purpose said:
Screech 229, while we wait on the bill to be passed, what is the name of the booklet to study for the Citizenship questions, do they send it to you or where can you buy/get it, please and thank you
You can download the booklet for free here at this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/