+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toward Understanding Bill C-6 to Amend Citizenship Act; new 3/5 rule plus

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Saga said:
Hi - I have a question that I have asked in other groups but interested to get people's opinion on:

If you are eligible to apply for citizenship now, would you wait till C-6 passes or do you go ahead and submit your application?

Cheers,
I would say apply now. You might be worried about C24 clauses in place such as intent to reside, but keep in mind that once C6 passes, it will eliminate all such clauses. For everyone not just those applying under C6.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Danielehi said:
Anyone please spell out what is the next step?

Thanks
There is a thread with all the facts that spells out these steps.

Divine Favour

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
@comforter my naija sister i see you.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
subha_1962 said:
March 28th
Supposing that the Conservative caucus pushes for splitting the Bill at next week's resumption of its Third Reading debate, does anyone know whether Senators Omidvar/ McCoy have a plan worked out to go down that route without undue (i.e., yet more) agonising delay?

ParkSouth17

Mar 25, 2017
The next reading is next week but ball park when will this be given royal ascent and what is the cause for such a delay as has been incurred?

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Anvatrix said:
Is today's meeting going to be on LIVE? If YES, then does anybody know where I can find the link to watch the discussion?
There's always a live audio-only broadcast from the Senate Chamber during their sittings. Just go on the official Senate of Canada website, go to the In The Chamber section, then scroll down to find the Listen tab towards the bottom. I listened to today's broadcast and heard them adjourn C-6, yet again, to the Senate's next sitting (tomorrow). Senator Frum spoke vehemently against the Bill, yet again, and this time she also spoke vehemently against Senator McCoy's suggested Amendments. Senator Omidvar appears to be as hapless and lost and unsure what to do as she was at the beginning of the long-running Second Reading if C-6.