08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
nofrills said:
Responses so far:

Senator Petitclerc

Good morning xxxxxx,

Senator Petitclerc supports Bill C-6.

She thanks you for your perspective and comments.

Senator Dean

Dear xxxxx:
Apologies for the delay. I have been receiving a large amount of correspondence on several important Bills. I have no difficulty in supporting the 3/5 amendment that you have raised and I have no interest in delaying this Bill.

Best wishes,
Tony

Senator Oglive

Dear xxxxx:

I chair the Senate Committee that will study this Bill.

I do not make public comments on legislation coming before the committee I Chair.

Kelvin
Just sent email to another Senator (Liberal):

"Good day and I hope you are well. I am writing in connection with Bill C-6 (the Bill) which has been referred to the Standing Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology (the Committee) by Senate of Canada.

Despite significant time and effort has been spent at House of Common and Senate discussing the Bill, it has now been referred to the Committee of which you are an honorable Vice Chairman. I would like to request if this Bill can be prioritized and passed with true spirit of Canadian values i.e. we do not have two layers of Citizens and the process of Citizenship has been brought in line with the regulations prior to the Bill C-24. I would really appreciate your support in favor of the Bill.

Thank you very much for your time and have a great day."

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Scheduled to be discussed tomorrow

https://sencanada.ca/en/Committees/soci/MeetingSchedule/42-1

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
nofrills said:
Scheduled to be discussed tomorrow

If by tomorrow you mean next week.

richard1234

Sep 1, 2014
For those who do not know, senate meeting is scheduled for next week to discuss on Bill C-6.

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Looks like it is adjourned... so get ready to another session of waiting and waiting and again waiting...I am now wondering how many sessions this will be dragged on for... I so hope that this Bill C-6 becomes law by the Canada Day!!!

amitshipra

Apr 28, 2016
I think C-6 implies (or so lawmakers think) that Bill had to become Law in next SIX years... :p :p :p

For C-24, it was 24 hours.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Enjoy the wait time. Utterly Bitterly Frustrating.

Let's discuss it more and more and more.

Jun 10, 2016
Quick question about C-6. My wife graduate from algonquin college here in ottawa and after her studies she had a postgraduate work permit in march 2014 from CIC. She then became a PR in august (2016). if this law comes into affect, does the postgraduate work permit count for the resident time? and if yes when will she be able to become a citizen with the 3/5 rule to apply for the citizenship ?

sami6108

Jul 11, 2009
Victor sanchez said:
Quick question about C-6. My wife graduate from algonquin college here in ottawa and after her studies she had a postgraduate work permit in march 2014 from CIC. She then became a PR in august (2016). if this law comes into affect, does the postgraduate work permit count for the resident time? and if yes when will she be able to become a citizen with the 3/5 rule to apply for the citizenship ?
Dude you are spamming. This thread is not here for discussing what you have asked. However as you asked with 3/5 rule one can add upto 1 year from his pre PR time within 5 year time frame where every 2 day will be counted as 1 day and 2 year after getting PR where each day will be counted as 1 day. So considering you wife did not go out of Canada after getting PR or not more then month prior getting PR she will be eligible in August 2018. If she goes out of Canada add those days as well.

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
The today's clause-by-clause meeting was AGAIN adjourned... man!!!! How long can they drag this for?

Anvatrix

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
subha_1962 said:
Meeting adjourned and end of committee stage
So does it mean that now we should wait for the Third (aka Final) reading at the Senate of the Bill C-6?