+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi Guys,

I need advise

I met my husband in 2018 and we got married in 2019 in the Philippines. He is a Canadian Citizen and I am a Filipina. We supposed to submit and start the process of my OUTLAND SPOUSAL VISA but because there were documents that I need to sign again, the papers now have not been submitted yet because of no international flight (courier) from the Philippines.

My husband is coming home once the Philippines lifted the ban of international/domestic flights and we are planning to process my tourist visa so I can come home with him to Canada and to meet my newly formed family in person.

Do you think I have to wait for my OUTLAND SPOUSAL VISA? or I have a chance to get approval for a tourist visa?

Thank you so much

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi Guys,

I need advise

I met my husband in 2018 and we got married in 2019 in the Philippines. He is a Canadian Citizen and I am a Filipina. We supposed to submit and start the process of my OUTLAND SPOUSAL VISA but because there were documents that I need to sign again, the papers now have not been submitted yet because of no international flight (courier) from the Philippines.

My husband is coming home once the Philippines lifted the ban of international/domestic flights and we are planning to process my tourist visa so I can come home with him to Canada and to meet my newly formed family in person.

Do you think I have to wait for my OUTLAND SPOUSAL VISA? or I have a chance to get approval for a tourist visa?

Thank you so much
One can always apply , but your chances of a TRV are slim . Tourist visas are for temporary visits , the IRCC is aware that individuals use these type of visas to stay and wait out their application in Canada , which is not their intended use
Tip, don’t refer to Canada as your home to the IRCC,quite yet . You’re a visitor until approved

Mathieu

Apr 12, 2017
From what I have read, you can still get a visitor visa while waiting for your PR from outland sponsorship. I am in a similar situation to your husband and I am hoping to get a visitor visa for my wife in the following months. Currently you need to qualify as non-optional or non-discretionary travel, which seems to be tricky and do not even garantie to board the flight.

Do you have travel history of visiting many countries? Last time I applied for my wife a few years ago (just girlfriend at the time) she was denied visitor visa for lack of travel history.

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I applied for visitor visa before we got married and my application was refused. We plan to apply for a visitor visa and process my SPOUSAL VISA after my tourist.

I worked before on UAE for 7 years and yes I went to Singapore also as a tourist. What is that non-optional or non-discretionary travel?

Mathieu

Apr 12, 2017
I applied for visitor visa before we got married and my application was refused. We plan to apply for a visitor visa and process my SPOUSAL VISA after my tourist.

I worked before on UAE for 7 years and yes I went to Singapore also as a tourist. What is that non-optional or non-discretionary travel?
Again from what I have read, the expected travel history is 5 countries. My wife only worked in Singapore at the time. We did travel to a few places since then.

Not sure if I can share links here, but I have found an overview of this here:
https://www.immigration.ca/covid-19-new-specific-guidance-on-who-is-allowed-to-travel-to-canada

You can also check from gvt website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/apply-visit-work-student.html

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Regardless of the current travel restrictions, as Copingwithlife said, your chances of TRV approval are low. You have a previous refusal, a Canadian spouse in Canada and no real travel history, so you are a high risk to overstay.