+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa to Work Permit under LMIA (Hccp/Hswp)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't know what you're on about but adjustment of status is always possible when transitioning from one visa to another when you are currently in Canada legally.
I have adjusted my status like 4 times.
You can change into some permits but not all of them. There are only a few ways to get a permit to work as a caregiver.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
You can change into some permits but not all of them. There are only a few ways to get a permit to work as a caregiver.
As we speak, there are people in the Facebook groups trying to flagpole to activate their caregiver pilot visas while in the country on visitor visas.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As we speak, there are people in the Facebook groups trying to flagpole to activate their caregiver pilot visas while in the country on visitor visas.
They shouldn’t be able to unless you mean they have been approved online and they need to leave Canada and reenter to initate the permit. They still don’t qualify if not from a visa exempt country and were previously in Canada as a visitor but sadly error are made once in while. In your case it is still unclear whether your nanny has status in Canada and what her status has been since entry.