+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa - Indian

Ashok.kanti

Nov 26, 2016
Piggybacking off this thread. What are the timelines of getting a tourist visa? My Oath is on Nov 23. Assuming it's in person and I get the cert right away I can get a Canadian passport in a couple of days. I can apply for surrender + tourist visa at the same time but do I need the surrender to be done to fly to India? Can I use the tourist visa to go there? I fly to India on Dec 14

I'm based in Vancouver so I have no clue about timelines here
Hi I am in same boat I have got my tourist visa and I have tickets booked for next week . But I didn’t received my surrender certificate at . Did any one travelled to India with visa and no surrender certificate? Thanks

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
Most of the time they will find faults with your photos and make you pay again by taking the photos there.
For online oaths, is it possible to request anyone there (for example after the oath ceremony is over) that you need the certificate urgently to travel for an important training seminar? Like will they express mail it, or at least let me pick it up in person??

I have seen on this forum that it is taking 3 or 4 weeks (or even longer in some cases) for them to mail it out at this time, which is just awful!

Your response is much appreciated! Thank You!

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Thanks for the reply,

and about OCI, can we apply OCI along with the passport surrender.
if yes, which is the faster way to go, applying OCI with surrender or applying for visa with surrender
you can apply visa plus surender same time then with surrender certificate OCI

Ashok.kanti

Nov 26, 2016
Hi all I have got my tourist visa and I have tickets booked for next week . But I didn’t received my surrender certificate at . Did any one travelled to India with visa and no surrender certificate? Thanks

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
FYI folks... Canadian Passport holders are now once again allowed to use e-Visa service starting December 20th. Of course, this had to happen only after I mailed in paper application and paid almost $200... oh well. Hopefully other folks looking for visa can benefit from this announcement.

visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html and click the "Countries/Nationalities who are eligible to avail eVisa".

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi All,

Wanted to understand the difference between eVISA and regular paper visa for India. I know there is significant difference in processing time eVISA takes max of 3 days and regular paper visa takes around 30 days as per the current timelines in BLS-Canada.

Looking at various forums found we need to land in specific Indian airport with eVISA but while filling the online form for regular paper visa it is also asking for port of entry to land, not sure what is the difference then or my understanding is wrong.

Is there anybody who have applied for regular paper visa recently can share their timelines and why you choose paper visa against eVISA.