+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa in age of 70 with family 6 persons

Discussion in 'Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit)' started by Arieshere82, Mar 22, 2019.

  1. Hey, need your suggestion. My father age is 70. He is retired from private job. He has some funds nr about 15000 us dollar. If he applies canadian toursit visa with wife, son, daugter in law and grand child and grand daughter. He has 3 acre land with his name and house also. What u suggest...
  2. He can certainly apply. However, he will need to show funds to cover the period of stay for everyone that's applying with him. With six people, that would be quite a lot of money. There is no fixed amount, but let's say they are visiting Toronto for 10 days. Toronto is expensive, so you can assume $200 a day for each person; that's $1200 x 10 = $12000 CAD.

    With 15K USD in the bank, that will be enough.

    If he says he wants to visit for 3 months, that won't be enough.

    The basic requirements are:
    • Have a valid passport and other travel documents
    • Be able to convince the immigration officer that you family, property, assets, etc. that would serve as incentive to come back to your home country.
    • Be able to convince the immigration officer that you will leave the country before your visa expires
    • Have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada and the amount depends on how long you will stay in Canada and whether you will be staying with family, friends or any paid accommodation.
    • Be in good health
    • Have good moral character.
    Are you in Canada as a PR or a citizen? If yes, then you can invite him and offer to sponsor him and the rest of your family. That will simplify matters.

Share This Page