+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

tourist visa, having applied for outland PR for japanese spouse

ron001

Oct 14, 2009
i will be filing papers (outland) for my spouse who is in japan. However she plans to visit me in Sept with her mother. And stay here with me while her application is being processed (provided she already doesn't have her PR by then) . I have heard that she might have problems and may be denied entry into canada at the airport.

could this be a problem.

I

iarblue

Japan is visa exempt so she does not need to apply for a visa,but she may not get in to Canada as she has to prove she has ties in Japan that will bring her back home after her visit.And having a husband in Canada that she is coming to visit could make it hard to prove she will leave.
If you were coming from the US its not so bad to get sent home not that far to come from Japan and get sent home??? I dont know if i would want to take that chance.
But its up to you two if you want to try or not,as long as you are prepared that she may not get in and sent back to Japan.There is no way of knowing what the immigration officer at the airport might say.
But there are lots of ways she can prove she has to return to Japan,like a house there,a job she has to return to,she must have enough money in an account to support herself while she is here.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
She could be denied entry, if the immigration people find out she is coming to stay with her husband. She's coming with her mother - is she planning to stay indefinitely too? If not, they should just state they are coming for a visit when asked. Don't lie, but there is no need to say she is not going home. If she has a return ticket for a specific date, most likely immigration will just let them pass without asking much. Even if they find out her husband is in Canada, she can just state she is visiting him while waiting for the PR. I'd advise she get a return ticket, not one way, with a return date. You can always change it later.

IrishApplicant

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 18th 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Interview........
not requested:)
Passport Req..
Feb 5th. 2010
I am in a similar situation.

Applying OUTland.
Gf is canadian, 1 year plus living together in Toronto.
Lodging application this week, in July.

I am leaving in August back home to Ireland for my bro's wedding.

When I arrive back at Toronto I will NOT have a return ticket to Ireland.

It sounds like I could be at risk of DOE.

Any suggestions, help?

IA