+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa funds and chances

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Hello,
I'm an international student from Spain currently going to college in Canada. My girlfriend is from Colombia and I would like her to visit me over summer, and of course, she needs a tourist visa.

My question is, how many funds does she need to have to get her visit permit approved?

I can write her an invitation letter. I have a lease valid until August so she'd stay at my apartment during her visit. About her, she owns a house, has a steady job in Colombia and has some travel history (Brazil, Venezuela, Belgium and Spain twice) as we've travelled together on several occassions.

Providing this information and that we'd apply for her to stay for 3 weeks (the vacation she's given at work) how many funds should she show? Besides my lease contract and my study permit, what else do I need to show in the invitation letter?

Thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello,
I'm an international student from Spain currently going to college in Canada. My girlfriend is from Colombia and I would like her to visit me over summer, and of course, she needs a tourist visa.

My question is, how many funds does she need to have to get her visit permit approved?

I can write her an invitation letter. I have a lease valid until August so she'd stay at my apartment during her visit. About her, she owns a house, has a steady job in Colombia and has some travel history (Brazil, Venezuela, Belgium and Spain twice) as we've travelled together on several occassions.

Providing this information and that we'd apply for her to stay for 3 weeks (the vacation she's given at work) how many funds should she show? Besides my lease contract and my study permit, what else do I need to show in the invitation letter?

Thank you
General rule is CA$1000/week plus the cost of round-trip air fare, even if you will be providing her lodging. She has to show she can afford the trip, without any support, by herself.

Anything you show on your part is secondary to the evidence she will show in her own name. In a perfect application, you shouldn't need to demonstrate anything. In my opinion, your support may be disregarded because you are not married or family to her--those are the only instances where "sponsorship" is considered. An invitation letter and plausible daily itinerary is the most they will probably consider from you.