+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa from Beirut

jujo

Sep 14, 2012
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen. My Lebanese husband had visited me several times in Canada before we get married (holding a tourist visa) and studied there for 6 months (holding a student visa). Unfortunately, last year before we get married he had his visa refused because we had mentioned in the application that he was coming to do a civil marriage (which was true and we had sent the confirmation letter of the date of the ceremony). The reason of the refusal was that he has family ties in Canada. We got married in Beirut and we both live there now.
2 days ago he applied for a tourist visa to go visit a friend in Toronto and has been told that the application process was 35 days. He mentioned in the application that his spouse is a Canadian citizen and lives in Beirut. He got a call yesterday to go pick up the result of the application on wednesday afternoon. Knowing that the process of the application was very fast, is it because the visa was rejected again?
Knowing that i am working in Lebanon and that i cannot accompany him, would the fact that i am Canadian affect his chances getting a visa?

Thank you

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
That's very odd - I've never head of a tourist visa taking 35 days to process. When my grandmother applied this summer, they told her to return within two days, and she got the visa. So, the short processing doesn't really indicate a rejection. Best of luck, keep us posted!