+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist Visa For Russian Fiance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpok

Oct 31, 2008
Hello,

I have met a girl from St. Petersburg Russia 6months ago on the net. I recently travelled there and we got engaged and our relationship couldnt be better. (No she is not a scammer) She is applying for a tourist visa in the next few weeks to come here. We plan to get married when she does come. I am just wondering the chances of her getting the visa. She has travelled to the United States once , so she did get a visa from there and she actually got a second one but didnt travel there because something came up and she didnt go. So she has proven that she has left and came back to Russia. What are the chances of her getting this tourist visa? Can anyone help? What happens if she gets denied?

Thanks Mike

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't speak of the chances of her getting a visa but if she is denied, you will have to go have a quick wedding in Russia, then you can apply to sponsor her and apply for her visit visa or resident permit at the same time so she can come and stay with you while you wait for the sponsorship to go through. If she gets called in for an interview, she would have to go to Russia though.

Cpok

Oct 31, 2008
Thank you. Another quick question . How long does it take to get one of those visa's for her to come here while its getting processed in Russian and also I heard I cant sponsor her if I have a criminal record is that true? Thanks so much. Your easeing my anxiety alot with your answers

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
Good luck of course.

It is very difficult for a single Russian woman to get a visitor visa. And in your circumstances they will likely think she will not return to Russia and deny it.

If you end up going the marriage in Russia route...I have already been down that path and can give you free advice there though.

Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.