+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist visa for refugee parents

SilentHill

Dec 3, 2020
Hello to everyone.

I passed the court in November 2020 and made my PR application. My PR card has not reached me and I do not expect it to arrive in the next 2 years. I want my mother to apply for a tourist visa to see me. My mother is a teacher in my country and only wants to come to Canada for 1 month. Is there any possibility that my mother will not get a visa because I am a refugee? Do I have to write a letter to the government on this subject during the visa application?

I wonder if people who have a refugee status and have a visa for their parents can help.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello to everyone.

I passed the court in November 2020 and made my PR application. My PR card has not reached me and I do not expect it to arrive in the next 2 years. I want my mother to apply for a tourist visa to see me. My mother is a teacher in my country and only wants to come to Canada for 1 month. Is there any possibility that my mother will not get a visa because I am a refugee? Do I have to write a letter to the government on this subject during the visa application?

I wonder if people who have a refugee status and have a visa for their parents can help.
Yes, there is a possibility that she won’t get a visa based upon you claiming asylum . As well you just recently got approved for PR
It can appear that since you only recently got approved , that you want your mother to join you here
Then there’s a slim chance she’ll be approved

SilentHill

Dec 3, 2020
Yes, there is a possibility that she won’t get a visa based upon you claiming asylum . As well you just recently got approved for PR
It can appear that since you only recently got approved , that you want your mother to join you here
My only wish is for her to come to Canada for a month to see me. I heard that there are some refugees here who are getting visas for their parents. So is there no way my parents can see me in Canada? Too bad it happens.

SilentHill

Dec 3, 2020
Would it work if I wrote a letter to the government at the time of the visa application and gave a guarantee that she would not apply for a refugee? Does something like this work?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
My only wish is for her to come to Canada for a month to see me. I heard that there are some refugees here who are getting visas for their parents. So is there no way my parents can see me in Canada? Too bad it happens.
Thats not what I said . There’s a slim chance it’ll be approved
And no, a letter stating she won’t claim asylum won’t help
Because if she did, what would the Government be able to do ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Would it work if I wrote a letter to the government at the time of the visa application and gave a guarantee that she would not apply for a refugee? Does something like this work?
There is no way for you to guarantee this. Having said that, your mother can certainly try to apply. There's no harm in trying and she may get lucky and be approved. She will want to demonstrate ties to her home country in the application - that's what will be most important. She should try to show as much of the following as possible: proof of employment including leave letter from the employer, pay stubs, and letter from employer indicating how long she has been working there / that she is employed full time; proof of property ownership; proof of any business owned; proof of bank accounts and other assets to demonstrate ties and to show that she can cover the costs for her trip to Canada; proof of previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US / UK. Good luck!

SilentHill

Dec 3, 2020
There is no way for you to guarantee this. Having said that, your mother can certainly try to apply. There's no harm in trying and she may get lucky and be approved. She will want to demonstrate ties to her home country in the application - that's what will be most important. She should try to show as much of the following as possible: proof of employment including leave letter from the employer, pay stubs, and letter from employer indicating how long she has been working there / that she is employed full time; proof of property ownership; proof of any business owned; proof of bank accounts and other assets to demonstrate ties and to show that she can cover the costs for her trip to Canada; proof of previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US / UK. Good luck!
I think I did not express myself correctly. My mother is 55 years old and she has been working as a chemistry teacher for 30 years. So far she got 1 USA and 3 schengen visas. My fear is that he will not be granted a tourist visa because his son is a refugee. Do you think there is such a possibility?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think I did not express myself correctly. My mother is 55 years old and she has been working as a chemistry teacher for 30 years. So far she got 1 USA and 3 schengen visas. My fear is that he will not be granted a tourist visa because his son is a refugee. Do you think there is such a possibility?
Yes - there's a possibility the TRV will not be granted for this reason.