+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tourist VISA conversion to Work VISA FOR PR - Fraud OR Not

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
I have known someone whose wife real brother has recently got PR in Canada.

They also have a few months baby and making passport of their baby also. His wife already been Canada on tourist visa.

He told me that he will go for 10 year multiple tourist Visa for Canada as his wife brother will sponsor them to get 10 year Visa. Further they plan to have another baby in Canada so they get Canadian passport of that new born baby which helps more to get them PR... My questions are:-

1. Can young married couples get 10 year tourist visa on basis of any spouse sibling who has PR in Canada?

2. Do they get work permit in Canada or found work while being on tourist visa?

3. As he told they will try to get job in Canada while on tourist visa or will pay their someone who will give them job offer to convert into into Work permit?

4. Is this way legal or illegal? If illegal why Canada has no control on this kind of things that people come on tourist visa to meet their relatives/sibling and get job by paying someone or with help of them?

FURTHER, he said will apply for PR after getting work in Canada for 1-2 years. As someone people are doing this..

DO CANADA KNOWS ABOUT THIS?? OR NOT.... Or where someone can make them aware about this??

If people getting jobs like this on tourist visa/visits then who applied for PR from home country they are no use?

KINDLY ELABORATE ANYBODY.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have known someone whose wife real brother has recently got PR in Canada.

They also have a few months baby and making passport of their baby also. His wife already been Canada on tourist visa.

He told me that he will go for 10 year multiple tourist Visa for Canada as his wife brother will sponsor them to get 10 year Visa. Further they plan to have another baby in Canada so they get Canadian passport of that new born baby which helps more to get them PR... My questions are:-

1. Can young married couples get 10 year tourist visa on basis of any spouse sibling who has PR in Canada?

3. As he told they will try to get job in Canada while on tourist visa or will pay their someone who will give them job offer to convert into into Work permit?

4. Is this way legal or illegal? If illegal why Canada has no control on this kind of things that people come on tourist visa to meet their relatives/sibling and get job by paying someone or with help of them?

FURTHER, he said will apply for PR after getting work in Canada for 1-2 years. As someone people are doing this..

DO CANADA KNOWS ABOUT THIS?? OR NOT.... Or where someone can make them aware about this??

If people getting jobs like this on tourist visa/visits then who applied for PR from home country they are no use?

KINDLY ELABORATE ANYBODY.
Having a baby in Canada has ZERO effect on a PR app. The brother can't sponsor them for a TRV. He can simply write a letter of invitation to support their app.

1. Anyone can get a 10 year TRV if they meet the requirements. The PR sibling is irrelevant.

2. If they find an employer and get a positive LMIA, sure, they can apply for a work permit. As the LMIA process is expensive, strict and takes months, there it little chance of finding such an employer.

3. He can't just pay someone for a job offer. The employer needs the LMIA.

4. See the above answers.

Reactions: sam_dawkins

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Nope they can't. Read this link. They might try flagpoling but that might only work if they are from a visa exempt country. They have to come back to the home country and apply.

Not gonna work. As I said before they have to come back to the home country and apply through LMIA.

Another thing to note, they can stay atmost 6 months in Canada with a tourist visa even if their visa is valid for 10 years.

BTW I have heard stories where people try to flagpole work permit in the Canadian border with a job offer when they are on tourist visa. What I heard is that in several cases the border officer seized the passport and told to them to come back to get the passport when their flight is due. Officer also told them to apply from work permit from their home country. This is just stories, not sure how much fact is in that.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Nope they can't. Read this link. They might try flagpoling but that might only work if they are from a visa exempt country. They have to come back to the home country and apply.

Not gonna work. As I said before they have to come back to the home country and apply through LMIA.
A visitor doesn't actually need to leave Canada to apply. They just have to apply outside of Canada. Most people in this situation apply to an office in the US while in Canada and if approved, flagpole at the Canada-US border to activate the permit.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
A visitor doesn't actually need to leave Canada to apply. They just have to apply outside of Canada. Most people in this situation apply to an office in the US while in Canada and if approved, flagpole at the Canada-US border to activate the permit.
You are right. But can you apply to a Canadian Embassy in US even if you do not live in US?

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Thanks for your replies all.

Thanks canuck_in_uk?

But that guy is from India not in US..... Ok that sounds fine one can;t get job offer or employer with LMIA easily..

As I was shocked how confidently he was saying that he will get tourist visa and will find a job in Canada during that time and convert into work permit....

So a sibling can't sponsor for a TRV...He just can come with tourist visa only......

But still I wonder why Canada gives 10 year visa to young couple also??

Is there any difference between visitor visa and tourist visa??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your replies all.

Thanks canuck_in_uk?

But that guy is from India not in US..... Ok that sounds fine one can;t get job offer or employer with LMIA easily..

As I was shocked how confidently he was saying that he will get tourist visa and will find a job in Canada during that time and convert into work permit....

So a sibling can't sponsor for a TRV...He just can come with tourist visa only......

But still I wonder why Canada gives 10 year visa to young couple also??

Is there any difference between visitor visa and tourist visa??
Any visitor in Canada can apply at a US office, regardless of where they are from.

Many people who don't understand Canadian Immigration rules are confident that they will get a work permit. They quickly find out how extremely unlikely it is when they get here.

You seem to be misunderstanding what a visitor visa is. A 10 year TRV doesn't allow a person to stay in Canada for 10 years. It just allows them to board a commercial carrier to travel to Canada. Visitor status is granted at the border when entering and the standard stay is 6 months.

No difference.