+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TOURIST GETTING MARRIED IN CANADA

carlos.09

Feb 3, 2010
My spouse and I got married civilly in the Philippines last year. She is now here in Canada as a tourist and we are thinking of getting married here civilly as well. Would this make our sponsorship faster to process? Please advise. Thank you.

jstmarried

Aug 17, 2009
No you are already married you can register the marriage if you want but it will not make things go faster

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
It will take you longer to apply inland, however if she goes back to the Phillipines and you sponsor her that would be an outland application and that is much faster. Besides you can also mention in your application that your wife already visited you in Canada, likes the country, and would like to apply legally to immigrate under your sponsorship with the intention of settling

I

iarblue

You are married already.You can apply inland if you like assuming she has a 6 month stay here,she may have to extend her stay to stay in legal status,Or she can return home apply outland its totally up to you how you want to do it.Yes inland does take a bit longer than outland by a few months,but she is here so you need to decide how you want to proceed.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you applied to sponsor her yet?

No, getting married again in Canada is not going to speed anything up. Also, even though she is here visiting you can still apply outland. Both options are open to you.

I

iarblue

Yes you can do outland being here but here process will be sent to the visa office responsible for her country and if they require an interview you will have to fly her back there but if you are prepared for that then apply outland.

carlos.09

Feb 3, 2010
OK, thanks. We plan to do outland but just wondering if getting married here again will speed up the sponsorship. She's leaving on June 6 and we are planning to send out the sponsorship documents next week before she flies back home.

Thanks for all the great advice.