+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

toughest situation please help

samis_90

Jul 4, 2018
Hi every one. I have a very strange situation. I am a 32 year old female from north India, did my masters in Computer applications in 2011 and then worked for about a year in my stream.Then i worked as a teacher in reputed college and yes in the same field where i studied. Now after that i had my baby due to which i had to quit. for 3 years in order to take care of my child.
In the meanwhile, my husband works in the government sector and my daughter is 4 years old.
I have a sibbling living in canada and is permanent resident there.
My husband is very supportive and we decided to pursue the language course as being a mom and full time work is hard for me, so i am taking part time classes in the DALF course . I have completed 1 year course in India and want to study for this course in the advanced level. Avery close friend of mine told me that since i am studying DALF here, i can get visa as international student to study DALF in canada for advanced level, and then can continue enrollment in my own stream after finishing my course of the french language.
Do you see any scenario that i can get a student visa to study DALF?Is there any program in canada which can support such visa category?ofcourse finances is not an issue and i can show proof of funds.
Should i apply to masters program again in computers science?
should i change my stream?
will this much study gap along wiht work gap is justified in getting me a student visa?
Please guide as i couldnt find any source of information
Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi every one. I have a very strange situation. I am a 32 year old female from north India, did my masters in Computer applications in 2011 and then worked for about a year in my stream.Then i worked as a teacher in reputed college and yes in the same field where i studied. Now after that i had my baby due to which i had to quit. for 3 years in order to take care of my child.
In the meanwhile, my husband works in the government sector and my daughter is 4 years old.
My husband is very supportive and we decided to pursue the language course as being a mom and full time work is hard for me, so i am taking part time classes in the DALF course . I have completed 1 year course in India and want to study for this course in the advanced level. Avery close friend of mine told me that since i am studying DALF here, i can get visa as international student to study DALF in canada for advanced level, and then can continue enrollment in my own stream after finishing my course of the french language.
Do you see any scenario that i can get a student visa to study DALF?Is there any program in canada which can support such visa category?ofcourse finances is not an issue and i can show proof of funds.
will this much study gap along wiht work gap is justified in getting me a student visa?
Thanks in advance.
It's typically quite difficult to get a study permit approved to take a language program in Canada. If you wish to come to Canada to study, I would recommend you chose a different program of study at a college or university. Whatever you select must make sense in light of your previous education and experience. A Masters would be a good choice.

If you have further questions, you should join the International Students section of the forum.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks in advance.
Vous avez étudié la langue française seulement pendant un an, n'est-ce pas? Quel est votre niveau de français actuellement? A1 ou A2?

Vous pouvez également vous inscrire au cours DALF C1 en Inde au lieu du Canada. Mais vous devez d'abord étudier pour les niveaux B1 et B2

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lets stop walking around the bushes. What do you want to do? Do you want to just study French. Which you can do in France or even in some other French speaking countries for less money than in Canada.

Or do you want to immigrate to Canada?
IF the answer is immigration yes, first check what would be your or yours husband chances in EE itself.

Please note that study of the language (unless it is the literature in that language - like English or French literature) will not give you any immigration points. The only thing it does is to help you with provincial nomination. It will also not give you an option for a PGWP later on unless you study something else after that. So with that plan, you would be wasting 2-3 years studying (while aging). So at the end the points you get for a diploma after French studies will be nullified with the point deduction because of the age.

In your case however, since you speak English and you are working on your French you might be able to cash it into one of the provincial nominations already (for example Ontario French stream).
In that case it would be more time effective just try to get CBL 7 on French (I think you should not have problem with CBL 6 on English). You might not have that much time there, as Ontario needs 1 year of work experience past 5 years. But you can overcome that one as well by getting any 0, A, B work for 1 year.
Alternatively you can check what would be the score for your husband as a main applicant.
Good luck

samis_90

Jul 4, 2018
So you suggest that i do stand a chance in order to apply for masters program irrespective of my study gap?will my continued french language course cover up the gap?
Do you think i stand any chance to get study visa?
thanks a lot for your sincere reply
It's typically quite difficult to get a study permit approved to take a language program in Canada. If you wish to come to Canada to study, I would recommend you chose a different program of study at a college or university. Whatever you select must make sense in light of your previous education and expeher questions, you should join the International Students section of the forum.
t
It's typically quite difficult to get a study permit approved to take a language program in Canada. If you wish to come to Canada to study, I would recommend you chose a different program of study at a college or university. Whatever you select must make sense in light of your previous education and experience. A Masters would be a good choice.

If you have further questions, you should join the International Students section of the forum.

samis_90

Jul 4, 2018
lets stop walking around the bushes. What do you want to do? Do you want to just study French. Which you can do in France or even in some other French speaking countries for less money than in Canada.

Or do you want to immigrate to Canada?
IF the answer is immigration yes, first check what would be your or yours husband chances in EE itself.

Please note that study of the language (unless it is the literature in that language - like English or French literature) will not give you any immigration points. The only thing it does is to help you with provincial nomination. It will also not give you an option for a PGWP later on unless you study something else after that. So with that plan, you would be wasting 2-3 years studying (while aging). So at the end the points you get for a diploma after French studies will be nullified with the point deduction because of the age.

In your case however, since you speak English and you are working on your French you might be able to cash it into one of the provincial nominations already (for example Ontario French stream).
In that case it would be more time effective just try to get CBL 7 on French (I think you should not have problem with CBL 6 on English). You might not have that much time there, as Ontario needs 1 year of work experience past 5 years. But you can overcome that one as well by getting any 0, A, B work for 1 year.
Alternatively you can check what would be the score for your husband as a main applicant.
Good luck
thanks to you for a detailed reply. I want to understand few basic things.
1)Some people told me that if i apply for EE and i may not be approved for much time, i may lose chance to even travel for meeting my family in canada or for tourism or for even education purpose, IS THAT TRUE?
2)Your advice is to get work experience of about a year and then apply?Does it has to be in the field i did masters in or any 0,A,B category?
3)Do i stand any chance to get study visa?may be for 1 year course and then get 1 year post work experience in canada?
once again i thank you for your sincere efforts.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks to you for a detailed reply. I want to understand few basic things.
1)Some people told me that if i apply for EE and i may not be approved for much time, i may lose chance to even travel for meeting my family in canada or for tourism or for even education purpose, IS THAT TRUE?
2)Your advice is to get work experience of about a year and then apply?Does it has to be in the field i did masters in or any 0,A,B category?
3)Do i stand any chance to get study visa?may be for 1 year course and then get 1 year post work experience in canada?
once again i thank you for your sincere efforts.
Having an EE profile is nothing binding. It will only become binding if you get invitation and accept it (and by that time you will rather focus on PR than on a temporary visa). So no problem to get a temporary student visa just because of an EE profile.

Your work experience has to be paid, and within 0, A, B. Also if you go under a different NOC you should have at least 1 year consistent work experience. But it does not matter if it is related to your studies or not. However if there are special requirements there (for example licence for certain professions in your country), you must meet that condition as well.

Difficult to say. It will depend of lot of factors, like what type of study will you choose, if you will be accepted to the program, and how you prove strong ties to your country.

samis_90

Jul 4, 2018
Having an EE profile is nothing binding. It will only become binding if you get invitation and accept it (and by that time you will rather focus on PR than on a temporary visa). So no problem to get a temporary student visa just because of an EE profile.

Your work experience has to be paid, and within 0, A, B. Also if you go under a different NOC you should have at least 1 year consistent work experience. But it does not matter if it is related to your studies or not. However if there are special requirements there (for example licence for certain professions in your country), you must meet that condition as well.

Difficult to say. It will depend of lot of factors, like what type of study will you choose, if you will be accepted to the program, and how you prove strong ties to your country.
Thanks for clarifying.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that you already have a masters it will be difficult to find a course that makes sense. To get approved your choice of study needs to make sense given your previous education and that will lead to better career opportunities It will also seem suspicious that you have not worked for 3 years but you want to go back to school in Canada. It screams immigration. I would see if you have grounds to immigrate through economic means. The language courses seem more like confirmation that you want to try to immigrate to Canada since I assume French is not very useful in India.

samis_90

Jul 4, 2018
So guys if I opt to go for the student route, which course or program to opt or look for given the fact I already have MCA from India.
This has become such a tough decision for me and I absolutely appreciate you all giving positive unbiased comments .
Any one has suggestions?