canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
chris1302 said:
Should we sned the medical right away? Since my husband is in Canada he will be getting it done here, that is ok right?
You don't send the medical. The Panel Physician will upload it to the e-medical system. You will get a receipt that you include in the application.

The medical can be done anywhere in the world as long as it's with a Panel Physician.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
chris1302 said:
ok well thank you for that, so I guess I should send the outland then, and if visa gets denied (should not though) we can re send for that restoration visa, just want to double check.

Should we sned the medical right away? Since my husband is in Canada he will be getting it done here, that is ok right?
:eek: :eek: :eek:
I'd strongly recommend Outland. Unless you omitted required documents or made a mistake on the visa extension application, I don't think you will be denied. But if he is and his current status expires, he can apply for restoration of status. It's just pricier than an extension of status - it's 200$.

Doesn't matter where he does the medicals, as long as it is by an approved physician on the CIC list. Technically you do have to do an upfront medical. (You send a paper from the physician saying you took the medical.) That's the rule. Apparently CIC sometimes turns a blind eye to people who don't, then they request it later, but that may cause your application to be delayed by a few weeks while they wait for that. The only reason I would Not send a medical together with the application is if I cannot schedule a medical before all my other documents (police certificates etc.) expire. (Police certificates must be received within 3 months of issue date.)

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so it is not necessary to do the medical when i send the application? i can get it done in the new year then send it after?

I want to get all my stuff together this weekend so I can send it out on monday. Dont think I'll be able to get the medical done on time.

Thanks again guys :)

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
chris1302 said:
so it is not necessary to do the medical when i send the application? i can get it done in the new year then send it after?

I want to get all my stuff together this weekend so I can send it out on monday. Dont think I'll be able to get the medical done on time.

Thanks again guys :)
You can try. But as I said, the rules say you have to do a medical upfront and send it together with your application. So if the CIC employee who looks at your application is grouchy and returns your entire application for being incomplete, you can't complain. So do it at your own risk. Some people have been okay not sending a medical upfront. That is not a guarantee that you will be okay.

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok great thanks.
I am looking through the forns that need to be completed and I see that there are no forms from me (I am the sponsor)
Does that seem right?

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
chris1302 said:
ok great thanks.
I am looking through the forns that need to be completed and I see that there are no forms from me (I am the sponsor)
Does that seem right?
??? You have not filled out any forms? You have a whole bunch of forms to fill out, and a whole bunch of documents to gather. You'll need a letter from your employer, an Option C from CRA, and I forgot what else.

curlysue

Nov 12, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
AOR Received.
31-01-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Request
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Passport Req..
06-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2015
LANDED..........
05-08-2015
At this point,
First you DECIDE: Outland or Inland
And then: You slow down for a while, and You READ
-The guideline for the option chosen
-all the forms for the option chosen (there is a checklist that you haven't seen yet that includes sponsor forms
-the lead threads on this forum for type of application chosen. (Frankly I think there is an answer on here for almost every issue I had a question about..I just searched by word and would always find something)

And then: You spend a whole lotta time collecting documents and putting your evidence packet together
Here is a rather detailed organisation chart that a forum member used-it was amazing!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

-Request Option C document from CRA early-might take 2 weeks to arrive
-Have sponsored person work on police checks required, medical e.t.c

Most of all...take your time to do it right! Each mistake, each simple gap translates into more time waiting...

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found the form where it is listed all that is required. I got a lot of things done already becasue at first we were planning on appliny inland.
I have one more question. When my husband fills out his part I guess he has to put his address in Croatia down and correpondence will be sent there (even though he is in canada with me)
I just need some clarification please :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chris1302 said:
I found the form where it is listed all that is required. I got a lot of things done already becasue at first we were planning on appliny inland.
I have one more question. When my husband fills out his part I guess he has to put his address in Croatia down and correpondence will be sent there (even though he is in canada with me)
I just need some clarification please :)
He can use the address in Canada, even though he is just `visiting'. ;)

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
curlysue said:
At this point,
First you DECIDE: Outland or Inland
And then: You slow down for a while, and You READ
-The guideline for the option chosen
-all the forms for the option chosen (there is a checklist that you haven't seen yet that includes sponsor forms
-the lead threads on this forum for type of application chosen. (Frankly I think there is an answer on here for almost every issue I had a question about..I just searched by word and would always find something)

And then: You spend a whole lotta time collecting documents and putting your evidence packet together
Here is a rather detailed organisation chart that a forum member used-it was amazing!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

-Request Option C document from CRA early-might take 2 weeks to arrive
-Have sponsored person work on police checks required, medical e.t.c

Most of all...take your time to do it right! Each mistake, each simple gap translates into more time waiting...
Thank you for that info.

I unfortunately can not get a option C from Cra because I just came back to canada in June this year. I was a non-reisdent of canada for the past ten yrs. I have a full time job in canada so I was just gonna send my pay stubs and a letter from my employer. I think this is enough, from what I read on the website this is fine as well.

I have photos all done, from facebook and my wedding photos. I dont have any skype, viber or msgs because we were together in Croatia for the past 10 yrs.

To be honest I know I have to prove that my relationship is legit, and I am not too worried since we were together for 10 yrs. Do you think I should add a letter from my cousin who is a canadian citizen and has been to croatia to visit a few times and knows my husband for 8 yrs already?

Thanks for any info you can give me :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
chris1302 said:
I unfortunately can not get a option C from Cra because I just came back to canada in June this year. I was a non-reisdent of canada for the past ten yrs. I have a full time job in canada so I was just gonna send my pay stubs and a letter from my employer. I think this is enough, from what I read on the website this is fine as well.

I have photos all done, from facebook and my wedding photos. I dont have any skype, viber or msgs because we were together in Croatia for the past 10 yrs.

To be honest I know I have to prove that my relationship is legit, and I am not too worried since we were together for 10 yrs. Do you think I should add a letter from my cousin who is a canadian citizen and has been to croatia to visit a few times and knows my husband for 8 yrs already?
For the Option C, be sure to include a letter explaining that you don't have one because you have not been resident in Canada for 10 years.

As you guys were living together for so long, don't bother with the texts/emails/Skype/etc.

It all depends on how solid you think your proofs are. It wouldn't hurt to have your cousin write a letter.

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
For the Option C, be sure to include a letter explaining that you don't have one because you have not been resident in Canada for 10 years.

As you guys were living together for so long, don't bother with the texts/emails/Skype/etc.

It all depends on how solid you think your proofs are. It wouldn't hurt to have your cousin write a letter.
yeah i was thingking about getting a cousin and a good friend write letters as well. At least I have facebook from day one, like back in 2006 when I opened the account and I have lots of pics from there.

Thks

pricklypunter

Nov 21, 2014
Just an update folks.

My application for extension of my temporary visitor visa was refused this morning on grounds of lack of financial means. Without any possibility to appeal or present our case, financial or otherwise, I guess I'm screwed and will have to leave my wife, the little one and Canada. I was considering making an application to restore my status, as my visitor visa has now expired (23 Jan 2015) while awaiting their decision, but I fear by doing that, they will simply refuse it again on the same grounds, even though they are obviously mistaken.

We haven't yet made application for my permanent residency, we were waiting on the outcome of the extension and preparing for our guardianship thing in Feb.

I'm like a burst ball just now, really don't know now what to do for the best. If I continue to make applications, apart from the cost, I'm worried that this will simply place black marks on what was my otherwise good visitor record, if this refusal hasn't already.

Anyway, just thought I would update you guys and thank you again for your help :(

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what that's crazy.
Did you send in the application for PR as well? that's stupid, if one can apply for spousal sponsorship and you do not need to have a job thn why did they not give you a extension for atleast 6 months?
If you don't mind me asking when did you send in your extension, we sent my husbands in November and still have not heard back anything from cic.
We did in the meantime send in the spousal sponsorship because I couldn't wait any longer, now I'm afraid his will not be apporved.

pricklypunter

Nov 21, 2014
Chris, I applied in December 2014, around the 19th as I remember, as my current status was due to expire 23rd Jan 2015.

Don't worry about the time it takes, they like to keep you sweating. Also, just in case they do this regularly to folks, I must have received about a half dozen various email notifications on my application, none of which were actually updates, i.e there were no new messages in mycic. The first couple of times I was excited that there was some news, but at the same time dreading logging in to read it. After the 4th or 5th time...cruel or what...

Anyway, don't worry, they take their time, I'm sure all will work out for you :)