+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Total Points

Rads2016

Jan 15, 2016
Hi All,

I created my EE profile some time back and got 456 points, have received ITA also. However I just got my ECA report and they have assessed my qualification as Bachelors (4 years) though I have done both Bachelors and Masters. Will this affect my total points?

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Yes it will. Your points will decrease.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rads2016 said:
Hi All,

I created my EE profile some time back and got 456 points, have received ITA also. However I just got my ECA report and they have assessed my qualification as Bachelors (4 years) though I have done both Bachelors and Masters. Will this affect my total points?
Were you able to create without ECA report? I think it requires ielts and ECA references.
Aniway ,what is your qualification and duration of course and from which country?

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rads2016 said:
Hi All,

Can you post here the full assessment of the assessing body? Include both summary and each credential assessment.

Rads2016

Jan 15, 2016
Yes I had my IELTS score and was able to create profile without ECA.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts
Year: 2006
Awarded by: University of Delhi
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Economics
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2009
Awarded by: Jamia Millia Islamia
Major/Specialization: Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Guys, can he not use "Two or More certificates" ?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
haven't you contacted that ECA body to know how/why they equated a masters to a bachelor??

Rads2016

Jan 15, 2016
No not yet. Not sure will it be of any help I think they are probably not recognizing my Major's subject.

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rads2016 said:
Yes I had my IELTS score and was able to create profile without ECA.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts
Year: 2006
Awarded by: University of Delhi
Major/Specialization: Economics
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2009
Awarded by: Jamia Millia Islamia
Major/Specialization: Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
We have the exact same scenario, the only difference is that in our ECA it says:

Bachelors 3 years AND Bachelors 4 years!!

Was WES the one assessed you credential? For me you can TRY to choose Two Degrees as you really have two diploma originally. Also it says in CIC help that if you have two Bachelor then you can choose Two Degrees. It was even mentioned in the HELP when filling your credentials in your MyCIC account.

You can view this thread as he mentioned that he also got Bachelors in summary yet he choose Two degrees and CIC approved his application

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/two-and-more-degrees-eca-evaluation-t392719.0.html;msg4892997#msg4892997

Another useful thread

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/two-or-more-certificates-t393352.0.html;msg4904342#msg4904342

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rads2016 said:
Three years.
The Canadian Bachelor is 4 years program so the graduation of 3 years from INDIA is not equivalent to 4 YEARS Canadian Bachelor.

Rads2016

Jan 15, 2016
So I will get points for Bachelors only and not even for this 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years'?

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rads2016 said:
Hi All,

Mate, you should not have created an EE profile without having received the ECA report. If you don't have a Canadian degree, an ECA report is mandatory if you want to claim points for your foreign education.

Since you received your ITA on your (incorrect) assumption that your education was equivalent to a Master's, you now have insufficient points under that draw and your application will be declined.

If you proceed with the application, they can also technically charge you with misrepresentation because you did not have the ECA report when you said you did (at time of ITA).

I would advise you to decline your invitation and rejoin the pool with your new (lower score).

Cheers,

Dex