+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Total number of years of education

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hello, I'm quite confused with this part in IMM 0008. Number of years of education in total? I had taken post graduate degree in the past but I haven't finished it so do I include that in the counting? The guide says indicate the total number of years of formal education that you have completed, including elementary and secondary school. I spent 5 yrs on my masters degree which isn't finished. Do I have to include that in countrin? Thanks a lot.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I have a similar situation where I didn't finish a degree so since it says "YEARS of education COMPLETED" I just counted the years of the degree that I did complete. To make it clear, had I finished it, I would have had 17 years of education completed, but since I only finished two years out of the five my degree needed, I put 14 there.

I don't know, that made sense to me because it would be weird to not count that at all, especially since you have to list your education history in another place.

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Thank you so much, would it be okay to put post graduate- no degree on the highest level of education then 14 years in the total number of education not including the number of years I spent for the post graduate. And also could I write the info in the education history about my post graduate? Thank you so much by the way, how's your application?

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Thank you so much I will just include in the counting then only the ones I have completed such as elem school, high school and college. Did u still put though that your highest level of educ is post grad no degree?

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I have a similar situation where I didn't finish a degree so since it says "YEARS of education COMPLETED" I just counted the years of the degree that I did complete. To make it clear, had I finished it, I would have had 17 years of education completed, but since I only finished two years out of the five my degree needed, I put 14 there.

I don't know, that made sense to me because it would be weird to not count that at all, especially since you have to list your education history in another place.

Hello sorry to ask questions again. Does that mean that u only counted from elementary to college? You didn't include anymore the two years that you spent taking the degree you didn't finish?

My case is like this:
Elem- 6 years
High school -4 years
College - 4 years

Post graduate - 5 years (I only took one subject per sem so took a long time) but normally this degree can be finished in 2 years. However, I wasn't able to finish this degree, no diploma.

Reactions: studenttoworker2019

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hello sorry to ask questions again. Does that mean that u only counted from elementary to college? You didn't include anymore the two years that you spent taking the degree you didn't finish?

My case is like this:
Elem- 6 years
High school -4 years
College - 4 years

Post graduate - 5 years (I only took one subject per sem so took a long time) but normally this degree can be finished in 2 years. However, I wasn't able to finish this degree, no diploma.
Elementary - 8
High School - 4
University - full degree is 5, but I counted 2

So that adds up to 14.

But honestly, I don't know which one is correct. I'm guessing if they have any questions or confusion, they'll just ask me to clarify.

rads1508

Sep 26, 2019
Hi.

Can anyone help me decide what number should I put in.
I did elementary, high school and then a degree in interior design also simultaneously a diploma of 3 years in interiors.

Should I put 18 as the number of years or just 15?