13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

I've been thinking about this, why did CIC take 6 weeks to update their page, and only showed a small number of applications when they did? And why does this still show only up until 4th May?

Since CIC are admitting to have counted only 65 applications within the cap, and we have over 300 sent from this forum alone (so the worldwide total will surely be in the thousands), my theory is this:

CIC didn't start opening applications and performing completeness checks until a few days ago. So all this time the applications have been pouring in, they've just been sitting on their desks unopened. A few days ago they began the opening/completeness check process, and they are STILL on the applications received on 4th May.

I have no idea why such a long delay in getting started (possibly a systems update or they had to wait for their annual summer cricket tournament to finish before the CIO staff returned to their desks) but this is the only logical explanation I can think of.

reddevil7281

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1112 <br>ECA Docs Filed: 30-04-2013 <br>Docs Reached.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Complete.: 03-05-2013 <br>ECA Received..: 06-05-2013 <br>App. Sent.......: 07-05-2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App <br><br>App Returned: 22.07.2013 (NOC mismatch)
Cappuccino said:

I've been thinking about this, why did CIC take 6 weeks to update their page, and only showed a small number of applications when they did? And why does this still show only up until 4th May?

Since CIC are admitting to have counted only 65 applications within the cap, and we have over 300 sent from this forum alone (so the worldwide total will surely be in the thousands), my theory is this:

CIC didn't start opening applications and performing completeness checks until a few days ago. So all this time the applications have been pouring in, they've just been sitting on their desks unopened. A few days ago they began the opening/completeness check process, and they are STILL on the applications received on 4th May.

I have no idea why such a long delay in getting started (possibly a systems update or they had to wait for their annual summer cricket tournament to finish before the CIO staff returned to their desks) but this is the only logical explanation I can think of.
But 5 people got charged on their CC as per the tracker and they are the ones that got their applications delivered on 8/9th May. I also wouldn't think that 4th May is a realistic first day of intake as it was a Saturday and they updated some of their forms that day. One person from the tracker had an application returned due to an old form. That application was logged in on 6th May at the CIO.

I also have reasons to believe that they have opened packages towards the end of May. Can't discuss that in the open right now due to privacy and/or risk of ridicule.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
4th May is not at all realistic day as mentioned on site
but the picture will be more clear after few more update

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Cappuccino said:

wait for their annual summer cricket tournament to finish before the CIO staff returned to their desks) but this is the only logical explanation I can think of.
Epic one ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Or probably they waited until they hit the 5000 mark, and from then they r doing the next stage - completeness of the applications.
It's really impossible to predict, we can draw many conclusions for this, unless someone from cic really understands our pain of patience and spills the beans for us...... ;D :p

Go-Canada-Go

Star Member
May 1, 2013
don't we have any power like - RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT or similar to that, to persuade CIC for releasing the numbers more often ??? ??? ??? ???

karankohli

Star Member
Jul 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You guys do realize that there's a strike going on according to cic website

amitind

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
Can it be the case that they are considering date of application and not the date of receipt.

As, I am sure that on the application forms received by them till 8/9/10th May, our fellow members must have put the date of 4th May while signing it.

Vats said:
4th May is not at all realistic day as mentioned on site
but the picture will be more clear after few more update
reddevil7281 said:
But 5 people got charged on their CC as per the tracker and they are the ones that got their applications delivered on 8/9th May. I also wouldn't think that 4th May is a realistic first day of intake as it was a Saturday and they updated some of their forms that day. One person from the tracker had an application returned due to an old form. That application was logged in on 6th May at the CIO.

I also have reasons to believe that they have opened packages towards the end of May. Can't discuss that in the open right now due to privacy and/or risk of ridicule.
Cappuccino said: