+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto Vs BC job opportunities

rahul0910

Aug 27, 2008
What are the chances of getting jobs in BC, is it tougher for an ethnic Indian, Why is everybody rushing to TOR when BC weather is much better?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
casky said:
As a BC goverment employee I vehemently disagree,Fact the Unemployment rate in toronto is 60%-70% Higher then ours,Fact Tens of Thousands of Toronto people have moved West to AB,BC and SKS,How you say with a straight face a place with 7% Unemployment has better Job Prospects then a place with 4% Unemployment,Stop misleading people to go to a place without many jobs,We have a LABOUR SHORTAGE,They have Unemployment

sifarsen

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC,ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Apr 08
Doc's Request.
21 Apr 09
Med's Request
06 Nov 09
Med's Done....
08 Dec 09
Passport Req..
06 Nov 09
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 09
LANDED..........
04 June 10
hi BCGuy,
I am a civil planning engineer working with a US company at abu dhabi,UAE..I am from india and have applied for PR.Could you please let me know how is the construction market in BC particularly for infrastructure projects....Is Vancouver better than toronto in infrastructure projects...Please advise..

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Ryo said:
Hi BCguy,

How is the insurance industry in BC, are there many jobs?
The insurance industry is dominated by a Provincial Corporation ICBC,the private insurance sector is more developed in other provinces

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
sifarsen said:
hi BCGuy,
I am a civil planning engineer working with a US company at abu dhabi,UAE..I am from india and have applied for PR.Could you please let me know how is the construction market in BC particularly for infrastructure projects....Is Vancouver better than toronto in infrastructure projects...Please advise..
The Provincial Goverment has launched a massive infrastructure initiative with lots of construction,Toronto s Municipal Goverment almost declared bankruptcy a few years ago and had to be bailed out,They have NO MONEY,Draw your own conclusion

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Hi BCGuy,

Can you please give me insight into economic benefits and employability of a pharmacist in BC. vis-a-vis Toronto. I'm in the final stage of my PR (passport sent to visa office). I want to make up my mind on where to land later in the year

Thanks