+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto (Scarborough) Citizenship Test Results January 2013

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ecas showing COMPLETE

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 3, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 3, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 23, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on February 26, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on March 11, 2013.

MapleLover

Dec 1, 2012
Blue_Star said:
Ecas showing COMPLETE

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 3, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 3, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 23, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on February 26, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on March 11, 2013.
Thanks for your sharing Blue_Star. It seems you had been in the fast track that your application only costed 10 moths. Congrats! Just wondering how it could happen? Thanks.

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MapleLover said:
Thanks for your sharing Blue_Star. It seems you had been in the fast track that your application only costed 10 moths. Congrats! Just wondering how it could happen? Thanks.
I don't know how it went in fast track. But I'm giving you some info on my case may be it will help...

I was a single applicant. Resided in a same address since we landed as pr immigrant (investor) for 4 years. We didn't change our address. I was a full time student and had a part time job. Filled in my citizenship application through a settlement worker (CSC). Filled in the form correctly with no blank space (put N/A where it applies). Went to back home twice. On my first trip to back home I stayed there for 4 months. Most important ....

I didn't apply (no US visa) or went to States before I submitted my Citizenship application.

P.S my father was a family applicant with my two brothers. Applied in April, 2012.He was unemployed but had foreign income. He went to back home 3 times. Had no US visa before citizenship application. Still he and my two brothers took the oath of citizenship at the same date and time with me.

MapleLover

Dec 1, 2012
Blue_Star said:
I don't know how it went in fast track. But I'm giving you some info on my case may be it will help...

I was a single applicant. Resided in a same address since we landed as pr immigrant (investor) for 4 years. We didn't change our address. I was a full time student and had a part time job. Filled in my citizenship application through a settlement worker (CSC). Filled in the form correctly with no blank space (put N/A where it applies). Went to back home twice. On my first trip to back home I stayed there for 4 months. Most important ....

I didn't apply (no US visa) or went to States before I submitted my Citizenship application.

P.S my father was a family applicant with my two brothers. Applied in April, 2012.He was unemployed but had foreign income. He went to back home 3 times. Had no US visa before citizenship application. Still he and my two brothers took the oath of citizenship at the same date and time with me.
Thank you for your sincere and detailed sharing. Congrats to you and your family again!

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Blue_star,

I have one question, your dad is main applicant, so have you landed at the same day & time ?
why you had fillled seprate then your dad ?
I have seen many single applicant's are getting citizenship faster then family application.

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tst said:
Blue_star,

I have one question, your dad is main applicant, so have you landed at the same day & time ?
why you had fillled seprate then your dad ?
I have seen many single applicant's are getting citizenship faster then family application.
Yes you are right, our family landed at same time & date in Canada and he is the main applicant.

The reason I applied separate for citizenship is because....My two brothers are under 18 & my dad is over 54 (who are exceptional & don't need to write citizenship test) On the other hand I'm over 18 and need to write the test. So if I applied with my father and anything goes wrong with my test, I don't want everyone's case get delayed becoz of me.Therefore, in my family whoever need to write the test became single applicant & whoever doesn't need to write test are together family applicant.

Hope I explained myself. :)

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Blue_Star said:
Yes you are right, our family landed at same time & date in Canada and he is the main applicant.

The reason I applied separate for citizenship is because....My two brothers are under 18 & my dad is over 54 (who are exceptional & don't need to write citizenship test) On the other hand I'm over 18 and need to write the test. So if I applied with my father and anything goes wrong with my test, I don't want everyone's case get delayed becoz of me.Therefore, in my family whoever need to write the test became single applicant & whoever doesn't need to write test are together family applicant.

Hope I explained myself. :)
Hmmmm pretty smart decision :)

When I filed everyone said don't seprate the file as CIC likes family application and if you seprate they would raise the question why are you seprating ! ??? So I filed jointly & now the critaria changed :p

Thanks for you reply & celebrate your citizenship.

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tst said:
Hmmmm pretty smart decision :)

When I filed everyone said don't seprate the file as CIC likes family application and if you seprate they would raise the question why are you seprating ! ??? So I filed jointly & now the critaria changed :p

Thanks for you reply & celebrate your citizenship.
Thank you so much. :)

MapleLover

Dec 1, 2012
Blue_Star said:
Right after I applied in may 2012. I immigrate to States in May 2012.

I just had my Oath done in March 11,2013 and now a proud Canadian.. :D 8)
Hi Blue Star, I believe you've got your Canadian passport. Just wondering whether you still needed to wait for two business days after oath before you could be able to apply for passport? Thanks in advance for your advise.

jimenezc

Jan 17, 2013
MapleLover said:
Hi Blue Star, I believe you've got your Canadian passport. Just wondering whether you still needed to wait for two business days after oath before you could be able to apply for passport? Thanks in advance for your advise.
Hi MapleLover, as a FYI I applied for my passport the day after my oath just after noon and it was ok. But this might depend on how quickly whoever or whichever office deals with the citizenship registration. Either way the clerk at the passport will tell you if it has been registered or not.

MapleLover

Dec 1, 2012
jimenezc said:
Hi MapleLover, as a FYI I applied for my passport the day after my oath just after noon and it was ok. But this might depend on how quickly whoever or whichever office deals with the citizenship registration. Either way the clerk at the passport will tell you if it has been registered or not.
Hi jimenezc, thank yo so much for your information and kindness. I do appreciate it.