+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Toronto (Landing+ Looking for temporary accommodation ) Please Help

basti

Nov 16, 2013
Hi Friends,

We are landing in Canada (Toronto) in March 2014.
We plan only for landing.
My wife and my Kid want to stay only for 2-3 weeks because my child has school. For avoidance to apply for travel document, when we return to Canada, therefore I plan to stay for completing all the formalities like SIN, PR card etc.
Is it a good idea when I plan to stay for about 2 months in Canada for completing all the formalities like SIN, PR card etc.?
Or it will be better when we come back to our country without PR-Card?
I found out, that no guarantee to get travel doc. Or it will be problematic when we come back for Canada without PR-Card.
For the avoidance of doubt whether we can get travel doc. without problem (for safety) I want to stay in Canada until I can get formalities like SIN, PR card.
Is it a risk? If the PR card will be sent by mail.

We are looking for a one bedroom apartment rental shared apartment.
Where can we find reasonable rent and good place in Toronto?

I would highly appreciate your ideas and help.
Thanks a lot in advance.

vikasraj

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Bangalore --> Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2013
IELTS Request
June 13, 2013
File Transfer...
January 6, 2014
Med's Request
9 Jan 2014
Med's Done....
16 Jan 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
28 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon!!
I would advice you to stay until you get your PR card..

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
hi basti,
First of all, do you have any relatives in Toronto ? If so, can they collect your PR/ SIN cards ? Will there be anyone travelling to your home country from Toronto before your final travel ?
if you have YES for all the questions, there wud not be any issue if you sta here for less time. I did the same and got my PR/SIN cards through one of relatives who was travelling to India.

If your answers are NO, then you would have to stay here. Your family can go after 2-3 weeks since you will be here to collect the cards. Now when you land, you need to provide an address where they will send PR cards. If you dont have any address, you can tell them you will provide in a weeks time. You can then either rent a PO box or take a place to stay on rent.
Your best bet for apt would be service apartments. They are costly but help people who come new to Canada for an address to recieve their cards.

The day you land here, go to Service Ontario office and apply for SIN card, open bank account etc. These can be done in 1 day itself.

You should not leave Canada without the PR cards etc since you dont have any means of getting them to your home country.

I landed here for 3 weeks and went back. But in my case, I had family here who collected the cards and I got them when one traveled to India.

hope that helped.

basti

Nov 16, 2013
sharat_joshi77 said:
hi basti,
First of all, do you have any relatives in Toronto ? If so, can they collect your PR/ SIN cards ? Will there be anyone travelling to your home country from Toronto before your final travel ?
if you have YES for all the questions, there wud not be any issue if you sta here for less time. I did the same and got my PR/SIN cards through one of relatives who was travelling to India.

If your answers are NO, then you would have to stay here. Your family can go after 2-3 weeks since you will be here to collect the cards. Now when you land, you need to provide an address where they will send PR cards. If you dont have any address, you can tell them you will provide in a weeks time. You can then either rent a PO box or take a place to stay on rent.
Your best bet for apt would be service apartments. They are costly but help people who come new to Canada for an address to recieve their cards.

The day you land here, go to Service Ontario office and apply for SIN card, open bank account etc. These can be done in 1 day itself.

You should not leave Canada without the PR cards etc since you dont have any means of getting them to your home country.

I landed here for 3 weeks and went back. But in my case, I had family here who collected the cards and I got them when one traveled to India.

hope that helped.
Hi friends,
Thank you for your kindly reply.
My wife is the main applicant.
Should my wife stay for 65 days to pick up the formalities like SIN, PR card ?
Or can I stay to pick up the formalities like SIN, PR card and my family come back ?

Thank you in advance

Basti

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
basti said:
Hi friends,
Thank you for your kindly reply.
My wife is the main applicant.
Should my wife stay for 65 days to pick up the formalities like SIN, PR card ?
Or can I stay to pick up the formalities like SIN, PR card and my family come back ?

Thank you in advance

Basti
Anybody from your family can stay...that wont be an issue...

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
sharat_joshi77 said:
Anybody from your family can stay...that wont be an issue...
Yes anybody can since you are a member of the family