WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
Hey Guys,

I know I have read about people's preference when getting their PPR's, but I can't find what I'm looking for when doing the search.

I'm in Los Angeles, and to fly to NY would be costly. I've already just purchased my home in Vancouver and plan on moving there in June. I have debated mailing my passport to save cost. Does anyone know if I can use FEDEX to send it and put an addressed fedex airbill & envelope in my shipment?

I'd like to hear all the horror stories associated with mailing the passports.

Thanks!
Lina

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
linalizzie said:
Hey Guys,

I know I have read about people's preference when getting their PPR's, but I can't find what I'm looking for when doing the search.

I'm in Los Angeles, and to fly to NY would be costly. I've already just purchased my home in Vancouver and plan on moving there in June. I have debated mailing my passport to save cost. Does anyone know if I can use FEDEX to send it and put an addressed fedex airbill & envelope in my shipment?

I'd like to hear all the horror stories associated with mailing the passports.

Thanks!
Lina
Hi, You may do as mentioned. A return envelope and awb from FedEx or any other reliable courier will work well. Don't rely on horror stories!!.

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
quick question regarding ppr...for those who have received it - did they ask that you send all your passports ( old and current)?

linalizzie

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2010
File Transfer...
30-08-2010
Med's Request
N/A - SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
22-02-2011 (original 18-02-2010)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
cdngrl said:
quick question regarding ppr...for those who have received it - did they ask that you send all your passports ( old and current)?
cndgrl - no. my ppr only asked for an original valid passport, one blank page within the passport and 2 photographs.

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
thanks for the info! would you happen to know if its like this for all visa offices?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Thats what london asked me for aswell.
They only want your current passport so they can put your one entry visa in it, so you can land.

Linalizzie, maybe the buffalo office is different to london, but i was asked to send an addressed envelope, but not put any postage on it and not to send any courier envelopes.
I sent everything to london with fedex and it arrived just fine.

Good luck, and congrats again!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

cdngrl said:
thanks for the info! would you happen to know if its like this for all visa offices?
No, each one has their own mailing instructions. You have to read the PPR letter. Here are the instructions for Buffalo for example.

Submitting documents to the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo:

If you live in Canada, you may send immigration applications, documents and passports by mail, (not by commercial courier) to our mailbox in Fort Erie, Canada. The Post Office in Fort Erie will not accept commercial courier deliveries

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, ON L2A 6R6
CANADA

OR

You may send immigration applications, documents and passports by mail or commercial courier to our address in Buffalo. Courier packages must be sent to the Buffalo, NY address.

Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Regional Program Centre
1 HSBC Ctr, Suite 3000
Buffalo, NY 14203
USA
Return of your documents from the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo:

**UNLESS YOU SUPPLY A PREPAID EXPRESS MAIL (UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE) OR XPRESSPOST (CANADA POST) ENVELOPE, YOUR PASSPORT(S) WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU VIA REGULAR MAIL. WE DO NOT ACCEPT FedEx, UPS, PUROLATOR OR ANY OTHER COURIER COMPANY ENVELOPES - EVEN IF THEY ARE PREPAID BY CREDIT CARD OR ACCOUNT NUMBER.

We strongly encourage you to use United States Postal Service or Canada Post premium mail service. This allows you to track the delivery and return of your passports and applications.

Here are the instructions for New York

Mailing Instructions

For U.S.A. clients:

Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in the United States via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).

U.S. EXPRESS MAIL: If you prefer U.S. Postal Service Express Mail, please enclose with your application a pre-paid U.S. Express Mail envelope - the correct U.S. postage must be affixed (we only accept regular stamps, metered stamps not acceptable). Enter a daytime telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address. USPS has recently changed its "flat rate" policy for "Express Mail" or "Priority Mail" envelope, be sure to specify that the envelope will be mailed from New York City. If this envelope is not provided or if it has incorrect postal charges, your documents will be returned by regular mail without further notice to you.

Courier Service: Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents using ANY courier services (Fedex, UPS, DHL).
For addresses in Canada :

Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in Canada via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).

Courier Service: Unless it is prepaid from a corporate account, we will not return your documents using ANY courier services (Fedex, UPS, DHL).

linalizzie

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2010
File Transfer...
30-08-2010
Med's Request
N/A - SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
22-02-2011 (original 18-02-2010)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
My PPR reads:

"We will return passports to addresses in the USA or Canada only. If your current mailing address is not in the USA or Canada, please provide us with the complete name, address, telephone number of a relative, unpaid representative or an authorized representative in Canada or the USA to whom we can send your passports.

If your address is in the USA, we encourage you to have your passports returned using a United States Postal Service's premium Express Mail service. Provide a self addressed, prepaid, flat rate 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail envelope. Make note of the tracking number."

It doesn't indicate any restrictions for FedEx. It does indicate that we cannot use a courier to send to the Canadian address (if our return address is within Canada).

MRebecca

Oct 2, 2011
linalizzie said:
My PPR reads:

"We will return passports to addresses in the USA or Canada only. If your current mailing address is not in the USA or Canada, please provide us with the complete name, address, telephone number of a relative, unpaid representative or an authorized representative in Canada or the USA to whom we can send your passports.

If your address is in the USA, we encourage you to have your passports returned using a United States Postal Service's premium Express Mail service. Provide a self addressed, prepaid, flat rate 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail envelope. Make note of the tracking number."

It doesn't indicate any restrictions for FedEx. It does indicate that we cannot use a courier to send to the Canadian address (if our return address is within Canada).
Why must it be like that? :eek: