+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tomorrow our flight but no answer from Embassy after approving TRP

abudhabian

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Hi all,

I am in a difficult situation, me and my wife and kids are supposed to fly tomorrow to Canada,as my wife will complete exactly 3 years out of Canada ,it seems we are going to miss this flight because of the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi where till now they didn't given us our 2 kids TRP.

Story in details, me ,my wife and elder son have PR status since May 2013,My wife and son had to go back to abu dhabi for some personal reasons where they only stayed in Canada for a month only,whereas I stayed for a year.

in april 2016 I applied for TRV for my other 2 sons who were born in Abu Dhabi ,I made an online application through the MyCiC, I got a reply on 8 May that the application has been positively assessed ,but due to our Yemeni passport which is not a valid travel document they asked for more document ( my guess they will make temporarily travel document ) like:

- 2 passport photos.
-Detailed Itinerary ( submitted a confirmed flight tickets on itihad airways on 14 June 2016 for the whole family costed me 15,000Dhs around 3000 Cad$.
- 400 CAD$ for new application of Temporarily Resident Permit

I was glad that the application was positively assessed and even happier that the TRV has turned to TRP,so I submitted the documents within a week through VFS Global in Abu Dhabi which is a third party company that now handels the Canadian Embassy visa application and biometric scan...etc.

Ever since I didnt get a reply from the Canadian embassy or the VFS global, I tried to go to the embassy but the security officer didnt allow me to enter.

Strangely, I got an update on 10 June on MyCIC account ( the letter is dated on 9 June) stating that the application has been closed and refused because of the following reason(s) checked off from a list:

-Other reasons:
Your travel document does not meet normal requirement to travel to Canada,as a result your will be given a temporarily resident permit instead of a visa.

Now, we have only tomorrow as the only working day left for the embassy to give us the 2 kids TRP and then our family can travel together.

My questions:

1- how can I contact the visa section directly so they can hand me the TRP on Time,I tried the case specific inquiry several times all in vein.

2- if they didnt reply by tomorrow then I have to contact alitihad airways prior the flight to postpone the date ( will have to pay around 1000Dhs for this) ....then my wife and son will pass the residency obligation, ......if this occurs can we present the delay from the Canadian embassy to the Immigration at pearson Airport and also show them our first flight confirmed tickets and receipts,if so will they understand our situation and allow my wife and son to enter Canada.

3- if my wife and son go to the kiosk directly will the system or the officer detect they passed their Residency Obligation.

Best Regards

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2) You will have to do so anyways because the younger children cannot travel on their own.