+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Transfer More Money into Canada After Landing, advise please

candy555

Dec 10, 2008
Hi all,

We will be landing soon. We would like to transfer around 60,000 CADS into our Canadian account, with in 6-12 months of landing to buy a house.

Kindly advise :

Should we declare this at the POE at first landing?
Is there any specific form for this declaration?
Would this money be taxable

Advise please.

Regards
Candy

Londonqtr

Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
NOC Code......
4131- 4121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 09
Doc's Request.
May - 09
AOR Received.
Oct - 09
IELTS Request
Done my Ielts in Sept. and Sent after 120 days.
File Transfer...
Oct - 09
Med's Request
May 2010
Med's Done....
June 2010
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
15-3-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011
LANDED..........
Landed and Got the PR
I am seriously interested to know the answers of all your questions.

People Please reply...

regards
londonqtr

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hope you will find info on following link helpful.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow

Cheers....

candy555 said:
Hi all,

We will be landing soon. We would like to transfer around 60,000 CADS into our Canadian account, with in 6-12 months of landing to buy a house.

Kindly advise :

Advise please.

Regards
Candy

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Yes you need to declare these funds, otherwise, these will be taxable. I will try to find you a reference link.

JCSR

Apr 17, 2011
Re: Carrying Cad$ in cash.

Hello Friends

I will be landing shortly with my wife and 2 kids and the amount needed to carry is Cad$20,599/-.

My question is, is it legally allowable to carry the entire amount in cash because I found that I will be loosing heavily on the exchange rates if I carry a draft.
I am in Dubai at the moment and the UAE Dirham is loosing on the Cad$. At my airport of landing will the Visa Officer create a hassle for me.

Thanks in advance

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The officers at YVR, for example, will just ask you how much you are carrying in cash (in equivalent to Canadian dollars). Declare it. No hassle. Perhaps long line-ups.

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Re: Carrying Cad$ in cash.

JCSR said:
Hello Friends

I will be landing shortly with my wife and 2 kids and the amount needed to carry is Cad$20,599/-.

My question is, is it legally allowable to carry the entire amount in cash because I found that I will be loosing heavily on the exchange rates if I carry a draft.
I am in Dubai at the moment and the UAE Dirham is loosing on the Cad$. At my airport of landing will the Visa Officer create a hassle for me.

Thanks in advance
No issues at all, you just need to declare it at POE. Whoever carries more that CAD$10,000 or equivalent in foreign currencies has to declare it.

candy555

Dec 10, 2008
Hi, I am still waiting for the answers for my queries. We are landing on 25 April. PMM or other senior members kindly respond.

Regards

Bozica

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candy555 said:
Hi all,

Kindly advise :

Advise please.

Regards
Candy
Hi, :D

There is no tax for the money you transfer from other country to your account in Canada for settlement purpose.
You don't have to declare in advance about the money you are planning to bring (transfer) in the future. Declaration is required if you carry an amount exceeding CAD 10,000/= while you land.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wilson said:
Hi, :D

There is no tax for the money you transfer from other country to your account in Canada for settlement purpose My thoughts also. The government is aware that we had a established life in our previous locations..
You don't have to declare in advance about the money you are planning to bring (transfer) in the future. Declaration is required if you carry an amount exceeding CAD 10,000/= while you land.

candy555

Dec 10, 2008
Hi,

Thanks for all the responses. But one of my question is still there

If you receive money into Canada after landing from your home country, will that be TAXED?

please reply

Regards

candy