+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To those preparing / waiting for test / interview to avoid RQ

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Dear all
Hope my observation helps everyone about to take the test and go through the interview ... The main issue is your credibility in the interview .. Off course only proven with solid evidence ; documents to avoid RQ post test
From others posts , the officer validates every single stamp / and questions any other residence permit in your passport with your input in the residency calculator and travel history
So my advice before yr test is
1) revise your passport pages again and make sure they match your residency calculator input
2) make sure you have translations of all foreign stamps even if old ones to avoid being suspected ( the officer cannot identify if it was old if it wasn't in English)
3) if you had a trip out of Canada after applying ( with a foreign stamp that needs translation ) , Make sure you translate that too ( as the officer has doubted a friend of mine )
4) all US entry / exits report can be obtained for those frequent US travelers as sometimes some stamps of Canada entry are missing
5 ) VIP point... If y have a residency permit to any country (especially UAE ) wether was valid after landing or even cancelled later on ... Get entry / exit report from that country ready with you in the interview ( and CBSA ) to avoid a RQ
6) lastly if you hv boarding passes , e tickets of your travels hv them organized as proof if possible ( although y might not hv the chance or time to show them )
Familiarize yourself with your passport to answer quickly and have your documents showing entry / exits logs as CBSA reports / US reports / any other country with a residency permit and those countries with a egate as UAE to avoid RQ
These are just some simple observations from other posts ... Pls feel free to correct / add anything more
My best wishes to all

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Thanks for sharing the info.

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
May2014 said:
2) make sure you have translations of all foreign stamps even if old ones to avoid being suspected ( the officer cannot identify if it was old if it wasn't in English)
Thanks for the useful tips. How do you go about getting a Visa translation done within Canada? If someone has a visa for Amsterdam (one night stay due to flight cancellation).. outside the 4 year period (very old).. how does one get the translation? How long does it take and how much does it normally cost? Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Maly

May 2, 2010
5 ) VIP point... If y have a residency permit to any country (especially UAE ) wether was valid after landing or even cancelled later on ... Get entry / exit report from that country ready with you in the interview ( and CBSA ) to avoid a RQ

Any idea how to get the entry / exit report from UAE?

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanabecanadian said:
Thanks for the useful tips. How do you go about getting a Visa translation done within Canada? If someone has a visa for Amsterdam (one night stay due to flight cancellation).. outside the 4 year period (very old).. how does one get the translation? How long does it take and how much does it normally cost? Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated.

Thanks
You should rather say a stamp not a visa because EU countries don't issue visas at airports.

You don't need to translate EU stamps as they are standardized: only the name of the port of entry/exit and an arrow pointing towards entry/exit are shown.

Manyaqx

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Im just worry about interview. I dont know what they ask and what kind of information do they need..
Do they ask any proof of old work places/school/address? What kind of questions they will be asked?

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
SherifEF said:
@ May2014, do you know how to get US entry report? And how long does it takes?
Hi there sherief
Check out this thread discussing US report
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-just-got-the-us-entryexit-record-foia-and-it-is-super-fast-t218628.0.html

However there is another one for UAE .. Please put in search to find
Gdluck to all

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Do they really check every applicant's all pages of passport? That is going to take some time. I heard most interview last 5-10 minutes, how to check that in 10 minutes, not possible.

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
When I match my residence calculator with stamps on passport, there is a discrepancy of a day or 2...does that qualify for a problem...what is your days are 1 or days less that 1095 but you have been living here for 12 years and working with givermnet for 6 years?

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Yes it may be a problem .. Double check again and don't send yr application less than 1095 .. Even better more buffer days will be good .. Cic is only interested in 3 out 4 and your proof for them however much y stayed in Canada
Gdluck

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
BLT said:
Do they really check every applicant's all pages of passport? That is going to take some time. I heard most interview last 5-10 minutes, how to check that in 10 minutes, not possible.
Definitely no doubt they check every single stamp and passport page and match with your residency calculator for verifying .... However long it takes and if they ask a question y r not prepared for to answer and convince them they may send you later request for extra documents up to a RQ !!!
Gdluck