+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To the most experienced ones out there...Do we even stand a chance...???

LAROCCAMOM

Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Situation-

I have been working in the restaurant management area for over 5 years.
I also have been working in the medical field as an insurance biller and collector for over 12 years.
I am a native Argentinian and Italian.
I have been living in the US for 14 years, since I was 15 years old.
My English levels are perfect.
My French levels are low.
I will be graduating within the next 6 months from college with a restaurant management certificate.
I have sent out my CV to restaurants for a management position, just to test the waters, and I have had some replies.

My husband is a native Venezuelan.
He has been living in the US for 12 years.
He has an associates degree in human resources.
He also has an associates degree in travel and tourism.
He has been working in the restaurant area for 12 years, out of which 6 have been in the management area.
His English levels are low (intermediate).

We have 3 children, ages 2, 6, and 8, all US citizens.
The reason for our move is because my husband's US asylum petition still pending, it has for 10 years now. In the meantime, he can't get out of the country, or he'll never be able to return.
I have an approved family petition, but when I married my category changed, it went from 1st category to 3rd. Therefore, according to USCIS, I still have another 10-11 years of wait time. In the meanwhile, I can't get out of the country.
It is for these reasons that we want to move, we have had more than enough time waiting and every time there's more waiting involved. We just had more than enough wait time. I have family that have past away, and I wasn't there, I have cousins that I have never met. We want a fresh start, we really want freedom. Even if we have to start from scratch, we are up for it.

What do you think, do we stand a chance, if we apply as either a FSW, or a PNP, or anything else they may have available??

I appreciate your honesty.

maq0r

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there.

So, first things first, I want to invite you to a mostly latino forum handling this same issues at mequieroir.com.

Second, I think you both have good chances, and I would say you guys have to really improve your english, but you both have occupations related to restaurant management which is on demand right now.

What I would find a little bit difficult for your husband is to find police certificates from Venezuela (he'll need em most likely)

G

gte439u

Either you or your husband should be able to apply in FSW1 for restaurant management category. You'll need to prove that you have experience in NOC 0631 (http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0631). You may wish to wait until you complete your restaurant management certificate for more points.

You should be the primary applicant since you have superior skills in English. You will have to take an exam in English, and you can take another exam in French if you want more point.

He will require a police certificate from Venezuelan unless he was lived in Venezuela for less than six (6) months since he was 18-years old.

LAROCCAMOM

Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great news!!

Therefore, I don't need a police report for myself then, just for him.
Does this report need to be recent? within a year old>

Thank you

maq0r

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
6 months I believe.

G

gte439u

LAROCCAMOM said:
Great news!!

Therefore, I don't need a police report for myself then, just for him.
Does this report need to be recent? within a year old>

Thank you
All applicants over the age of 18 will require a police report. If you have only lived in the U.S. since turing 18, then you'll only need an FBI police report.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Read the requirements for PCC carefully. I believe they must not be more than THREE MONTHS OLD on the date they are received by VO. They are not included in the initial application to CIO. Check the requirements of your specific Visa Office checklist to be sure.

LAROCCAMOM

Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just wanted to post the information I found on the CIC website.

How to obtain a police certificate
Venezuela

"Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes.

How or where do I obtain one?
With your application for a visa to Canada, submit:

* your cedula number if you are a Venezuela national, OR
* your passport number if you are not a Venezuela national.

The Canadian office processing your visa application will obtain the police clearance on your behalf."

and...

"The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application."

Thank you guys!

maq0r

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Laroca

I have to tell you though, that's for the venezuelan CIC office (Caracas)

I'm not sure if that works for overseas offices, I'm assuming you'll send your papers to Nova Scotia, and they require the Police certificates.

You need to send a relative or a friend to downtown caracas, to the ministry of interior and justice and get his police certificates, then translate them into english and use those.

I repeat, the info you posted holds true ONLY for applications going through the Caracas visa office, I know this because my case is being handled by that VO.

LAROCCAMOM

Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maq0r said:
Laroca

I have to tell you though, that's for the venezuelan CIC office (Caracas)

I'm not sure if that works for overseas offices, I'm assuming you'll send your papers to Nova Scotia, and they require the Police certificates.

You need to send a relative or a friend to downtown caracas, to the ministry of interior and justice and get his police certificates, then translate them into english and use those.

I repeat, the info you posted holds true ONLY for applications going through the Caracas visa office, I know this because my case is being handled by that VO.
Ok, thanks for the heads up. I was going to send his father, since he used to work for the PTJ, he might be able to get them without any troubles, I hope.

maq0r

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea that'll work

Remember they have to be translated into english, there's a list of official translators in the Caracas American Embassy website (that works for Canada's too)

Remember that those PCC expire! so only request them when you are near to send the package

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
CIC instructions clearly states that...

"The Canadian office processing your visa application will obtain the police clearance on your behalf."

That goes for all visa offices according to this statement, nowhere does it say only Caracas office, unless they made a huge mistake on CIC website.

LAROCCAMOM said:
I just wanted to post the information I found on the CIC website.

How to obtain a police certificate
Venezuela

"Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes.

How or where do I obtain one?
With your application for a visa to Canada, submit:

* your cedula number if you are a Venezuela national, OR
* your passport number if you are not a Venezuela national.

The Canadian office processing your visa application will obtain the police clearance on your behalf."

and...

"The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application."

Thank you guys!

LAROCCAMOM

Sep 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roger55 said:
CIC instructions clearly states that...

"The Canadian office processing your visa application will obtain the police clearance on your behalf."

That goes for all visa offices according to this statement, nowhere does it say only Caracas office, unless they made a huge mistake on CIC website.
Thank you Roger55,

I am going to request them anyhow. I figured it's better to be safe than sorry. Unless the CIC becomes offended.

Thank you once again.

cforcanada

Mar 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LAROCCAMOM said:
Situation-

I have been working in the restaurant management area for over 5 years.
I also have been working in the medical field as an insurance biller and collector for over 12 years.
I am a native Argentinian and Italian.
I have been living in the US for 14 years, since I was 15 years old.
My English levels are perfect.
My French levels are low.
I will be graduating within the next 6 months from college with a restaurant management certificate.
I have sent out my CV to restaurants for a management position, just to test the waters, and I have had some replies.

My husband is a native Venezuelan.
He has been living in the US for 12 years.
He has an associates degree in human resources.
He also has an associates degree in travel and tourism.
He has been working in the restaurant area for 12 years, out of which 6 have been in the management area.
His English levels are low (intermediate).

We have 3 children, ages 2, 6, and 8, all US citizens.
The reason for our move is because my husband's US asylum petition still pending, it has for 10 years now. In the meantime, he can't get out of the country, or he'll never be able to return.
I have an approved family petition, but when I married my category changed, it went from 1st category to 3rd. Therefore, according to USCIS, I still have another 10-11 years of wait time. In the meanwhile, I can't get out of the country.
It is for these reasons that we want to move, we have had more than enough time waiting and every time there's more waiting involved. We just had more than enough wait time. I have family that have past away, and I wasn't there, I have cousins that I have never met. We want a fresh start, we really want freedom. Even if we have to start from scratch, we are up for it.

What do you think, do we stand a chance, if we apply as either a FSW, or a PNP, or anything else they may have available??

I appreciate your honesty.
I think you will fall under NOC 0631, and 5 yrs of experience is enough to qualify, given that you have required language proficiency and you are a graduate from a college (bachelor degree). Go to canadian immigration website and use the point calculator to see if you qualify. IF you don't you can use this 6 months (until you graduate) to learn french and apply from Quebec. Or start looking for a job in canada and apply through PNP. There are lots of people who has immigrated through PNP.
Its a lot of hard work, but you will eventually success. Goodluck.