+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To support sibling

Arzup

May 12, 2019
Hi everyone, if anyone can please help me with my case would be great.
I am living in Canada with my husband and 6 month old baby on PR basis and also we both have good job.

I wanted to bring my brother over here. He 25 year old and working now. He recently got married, my sister in-law just finished her study with computer engineering. So what is best option to bring them here?
1) student visa of my sister in-law?
But she has 19 backlog so does that affect?
2) siblings sponsor, so which is best province for that? Because now I Am living in Ontario but I can move for them.
3) first visitor Visa and then conversation to work visa?
Can I apply my brother visitor Visa as he wanted to attain my son's first birthday?
4) AIPP program: I recently heard about that but I am not sure, does anyone have info about this?

Please advise me?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi everyone, if anyone can please help me with my case would be great.
I am living in Canada with my husband and 6 month old baby on PR basis and also we both have good job.

I wanted to bring my brother over here. He 25 year old and working now. He recently got married, my sister in-law just finished her study with computer engineering. So what is best option to bring them here?
1) student visa of my sister in-law?
But she has 19 backlog so does that affect?
2) siblings sponsor, so which is best province for that? Because now I Am living in Ontario but I can move for them.
3) first visitor Visa and then conversation to work visa?
Can I apply my brother visitor Visa as he wanted to attain my son's first birthday?
4) AIPP program: I recently heard about that but I am not sure, does anyone have info about this?

Please advise me?
1. If she can get admission, and then get a study permit, then he might be able to get a Work Permit. This is not guaranteed and anyway it will be clear that your sis-in-law isn't a real student so this is unlikely to work.
2. You cannot sponsor a sibling
3. You cannot do a "conversion" to a work visa. He will have to get an employer to file for an LMIA and then go through the 6-10 month process of getting that approved before he can apply for a work permit. The chances of this happening are very very slim.
4. You can look this up - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot.html

The easiest way would be for him to go through Express Entry - Federal Skilled Worker. Does he qualify?

Check here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html