+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To renew the work permit at the boarder but without the US visa...

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if there is any way that you can renew your work permit at the boarder without crossing to the USA...?
As I will get my PNP support letter later and I will have to renew my work permit ASAP. The problem is I dont have a US visa, which means I can not cross to the State...
I'm in Vancouver and I dont want to fly all the way to another country just for getting out and coming back in to Canada...

Does anyone one have any smart idea can share....???

Thanks for your help in advance!

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
laikayung said:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if there is any way that you can renew your work permit at the boarder without crossing to the USA...?
As I will get my PNP support letter later and I will have to renew my work permit ASAP. The problem is I dont have a US visa, which means I can not cross to the State...
I'm in Vancouver and I dont want to fly all the way to another country just for getting out and coming back in to Canada...

Does anyone one have any smart idea can share....???

Thanks for your help in advance!
You don't need a US visa, you will get a refusal letter from US, and Canada will issue for you new work permit. It's a standart procedure, both sides know about it. I went through this.

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
verveiko said:
You don't need a US visa, you will get a refusal letter from US, and Canada will issue for you new work permit. It's a standart procedure, both sides know about it. I went through this.
Thanks for your reply! So should I just go to the boarder and say I want to get my visa renewed? is that how it works...?

thanks again.!

verveiko

Aug 3, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
laikayung said:
Thanks for your reply! So should I just go to the boarder and say I want to get my visa renewed? is that how it works...?

thanks again.!
Yes, on you way back you should say that you need to get work permit, you should provide your nomination letter, job-offer (if applicable), also they can ask you to prove your address, so you need credit card statement, or driving license that also shows your address and you need 150 CAD with you cash or debit/credit card. That's all you need.

laikayung

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
verveiko said:
Yes, on you way back you should say that you need to get work permit, you should provide your nomination letter, job-offer (if applicable), also they can ask you to prove your address, so you need credit card statement, or driving license that also shows your address and you need 150 CAD with you cash or debit/credit card. That's all you need.
that's very useful information !! thanks a ton!!!